Обсуждение: Re: port/snprintf.c (was Re: Numeric 508 datatype)

Re: port/snprintf.c (was Re: Numeric 508 datatype)

Дата:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> The problems are sufficiently bad that it might be a good idea to
>> backport the fixes into 8.0 and before as well --- but I note that
>> the ABI is different (pg_snprintf vs snprintf, etc) so this requires
>> a bit of investigation rather than just committing the file as-is.

> Not as many 8.0.X platforms used *printf because we didn't test %$ for
> its use on that release, so my bet is that very few platforms would be
> using it.

Hm.  One of the main problems I found was incorrect results for
LONGLONG_MIN (-2^63).  I'm rather tempted to add a test case for
that to the int8 regression test and see if any platforms fail ;-)

            regards, tom lane

I wrote:
> Hm.  One of the main problems I found was incorrect results for
> LONGLONG_MIN (-2^63).  I'm rather tempted to add a test case for
> that to the int8 regression test and see if any platforms fail ;-)

Done ... let me know whether the back branches still pass regression
for you ;-)

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Hm.  One of the main problems I found was incorrect results for
> > LONGLONG_MIN (-2^63).  I'm rather tempted to add a test case for
> > that to the int8 regression test and see if any platforms fail ;-)
>
> Done ... let me know whether the back branches still pass regression
> for you ;-)

I checked back to 7.3 and everything passed. I did a cvs update,
configure, gmake, and regression run for each branch.

Re: port/snprintf.c (was Re: Numeric 508 datatype)

Дата:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Done ... let me know whether the back branches still pass regression
>> for you ;-)

> I checked back to 7.3 and everything passed. I did a cvs update,
> configure, gmake, and regression run for each branch.

[ digs a bit deeper... ]  Actually, it appears that that bug didn't
exist before 8.1; it was introduced here:

    * src/port/snprintf.c: Factor duplicate snprintf code into
    functions.

by an ill-considered removal of an unsigned local variable.

            regards, tom lane