Обсуждение: psql: \d+ shows OID-ness

psql: \d+ shows OID-ness

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
This patch makes psql's \d+ command indicate whether the table in
question contains OIDs or not. I didn't add this information to \d, on
the grounds that \d is more commonly used and few people will care
whether the table as OIDs. Example output:

nconway=# create table t1 () with oids;
CREATE TABLE
nconway=# create table t2 () without oids;
CREATE TABLE
nconway=# \d+ t1
            Table "public.t1"
 Column | Type | Modifiers | Description
--------+------+-----------+-------------
Contains OIDs: yes

nconway=# \d+ t2
            Table "public.t2"
 Column | Type | Modifiers | Description
--------+------+-----------+-------------
Contains OIDs: no

I also fixed a bunch of markup in the psql reference manual (which takes
up about 90% of the patch itself).

Barring any objections I'll apply this patch within 24 hours.

-Neil

Вложения

Re: psql: \d+ shows OID-ness

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Donnerstag, 22. April 2004 08:44 schrieb Neil Conway:
> nconway=# \d+ t1
>             Table "public.t1"
>  Column | Type | Modifiers | Description
> --------+------+-----------+-------------
> Contains OIDs: yes

"yes" and "no" are missing _( ) around it.

Re: psql: \d+ shows OID-ness

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 04:45, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> "yes" and "no" are missing _( ) around it.

Good catch! I fixed that and applied the patch.

-Neil