Обсуждение: Foreign key in pg_dump / psql

Foreign key in pg_dump / psql

От
Rod Taylor
Дата:
A couple of bits of the depend/constraint patch that were not applied.

It displays foreign key structure in /d while skipping the triggers that
make up the foreign key.

Dumps foreign keys as alter table statements on >=7.3.  Older DBs will
continue to dump triggers (no pg_constraint table).

Вложения

Re: Foreign key in pg_dump / psql

Дата:

Rod Taylor wrote:
> A couple of bits of the depend/constraint patch that were not applied.
>
> It displays foreign key structure in /d while skipping the triggers that
> make up the foreign key.
>
> Dumps foreign keys as alter table statements on >=7.3.  Older DBs will
> continue to dump triggers (no pg_constraint table).

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: Foreign key in pg_dump / psql

Дата:
> Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list at:

>> A couple of bits of the depend/constraint patch that were not applied.

Again, this is code I still gotta review...

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list at:
>
> >> A couple of bits of the depend/constraint patch that were not applied.
>
> Again, this is code I still gotta review...

Oh, that one. OK.

Re: Foreign key in pg_dump / psql

От
Rod Taylor
Дата:
On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 10:05, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list at:
>
> >> A couple of bits of the depend/constraint patch that were not applied.
>
> Again, this is code I still gotta review...

The attached better handles constraint triggers which are not foreign
keys.   It helps 7.2.

Is there any reason to create new constraint triggers?  Could the
CONSTRAINT clause be removed after a couple of releases?

Вложения

Re: Foreign key in pg_dump / psql

Дата:
[  Tom will review.]

Rod Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 10:05, Tom Lane wrote:
> > > Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list at:

> > Again, this is code I still gotta review...
>
> The attached better handles constraint triggers which are not foreign
> keys.   It helps 7.2.
>
> Is there any reason to create new constraint triggers?  Could the
> CONSTRAINT clause be removed after a couple of releases?

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: Foreign key in pg_dump / psql

Дата:
Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
> Is there any reason to create new constraint triggers?  Could the
> CONSTRAINT clause be removed after a couple of releases?

Not without breaking existing pg_dump files.  It will be many releases
before you will be able to sell that idea...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Foreign key in pg_dump / psql

Дата:
Tom has applied this.  Thanks.