Обсуждение: Patches for REL7_0_PATCHES

Patches for REL7_0_PATCHES

От
Denis Perchine
Дата:
I posted some time ago small patches.
They was applied to the HEAD. But I realised that they did not applied
to REL7_0_PATCHES.

fd.c.patch is a patch to reduce number of lseek syscalls.
fe-misc.c.patch is a patch for libpq to cope with bugs in Linux kernel.
pg_proc.c.patch is a patch for small memory leak in pg_proc.c.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

----------------------------------
E-Mail: dyp@perchine.com
HomePage: http://www.perchine.com/dyp/
FidoNet: 2:5000/120.5
----------------------------------

Вложения

Re: Patches for REL7_0_PATCHES

Дата:
We only put big stuff in the 7.1 tree.  Patches tree is only for major
fixes that are easy to verify.

[ Charset koi8r unsupported, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: Patches for REL7_0_PATCHES

Дата:
Denis Perchine <dyp@perchine.com> writes:
> fd.c.patch is a patch to reduce number of lseek syscalls.
> fe-misc.c.patch is a patch for libpq to cope with bugs in Linux kernel.
> pg_proc.c.patch is a patch for small memory leak in pg_proc.c.

The first of these is *certainly* inappropriate to apply as a backpatch,
and I have serious doubts about the other two as well.  We normally only
backpatch critical bug fixes, because dot-releases get almost no testing
before release.  I'm not convinced these are critical...

            regards, tom lane