Обсуждение: Object-Oriented ODBC in open sources

Object-Oriented ODBC in open sources

От
Michael Ma
Дата:
Hello,

Our application is using RogueWave dbtool to access Informix. Now we are planning to replace Informix with PostgreSQL, and at the same time, replace RogueWave dbtool with some kind of open sources.

I notice that there is the libpq from PostgreSQL, but seems that libpq is not on the same level as RogueWave dbtool. The libpq is embedding native SQL statements, like esql does, while RogueWave dbtool is Object-Oriented, hiding all SQL statements from developers.

My question is, are there any open sources, which is Object-Oriented, similar to RogueWave dbtool?

I did searches on the internet, but unable to find any.

Thank you, and have a good day,

Michael

Re: Object-Oriented ODBC in open sources

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 03/02/2016 08:18 AM, Michael Ma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our application is using RogueWave dbtool to access Informix. Now we are
> planning to replace Informix with PostgreSQL, and at the same time,
> replace RogueWave dbtool with some kind of open sources.
>
> I notice that there is the libpq from PostgreSQL, but seems that libpq
> is not on the same level as RogueWave dbtool. The libpq is embedding
> native SQL statements, like esql does, while RogueWave dbtool is
> Object-Oriented, hiding all SQL statements from developers.

So what is important, that it be c++, object oriented or both?

http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Object-Oriented ODBC in open sources

От
Michael Ma
Дата:
Hi Adrian Klaver,

Yes, both C++ and Object-Oriented are important to us.

I quickly browsed the link and its manual. It looks like what we are looking for. I'll take some time to dive into it to get details.

Thanks a lot and have a good day,

Michael