Обсуждение: Time for a 9.3 release?

Time for a 9.3 release?

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
If everything goes to the plan, PostgreSQL 9.3 beta will be released in
the new few weeks, and I just saw a thread on the pgsql-jdbc list on
releasing a 9.3 JDBC driver for the beta
(http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1367433610.6768.15.camel@lenovo01-laptop03.gunduz.org).

I think we should also make a 9.3 release of the ODBC driver. There's
been a lot of bug fixes since the last release, so it's time to make a
new release anyway.

- Heikki

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 09:54 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> If everything goes to the plan, PostgreSQL 9.3 beta will be released in
> the new few weeks, and I just saw a thread on the pgsql-jdbc list on
> releasing a 9.3 JDBC driver for the beta
> (http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1367433610.6768.15.camel@lenovo01-laptop03.gunduz.org).
>
> I think we should also make a 9.3 release of the ODBC driver. There's
> been a lot of bug fixes since the last release, so it's time to make a
> new release anyway.

+1. You beat me :)

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 02.05.2013 15:26, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 09:54 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> If everything goes to the plan, PostgreSQL 9.3 beta will be released in
>> the new few weeks, and I just saw a thread on the pgsql-jdbc list on
>> releasing a 9.3 JDBC driver for the beta
>> (http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1367433610.6768.15.camel@lenovo01-laptop03.gunduz.org).
>>
>> I think we should also make a 9.3 release of the ODBC driver. There's
>> been a lot of bug fixes since the last release, so it's time to make a
>> new release anyway.
>
> +1. You beat me :)

:-)

One thing I'd still like to get done before the 9.3 release, is changing
the default of UseServerSidePrepare
(http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/517197A4.7020603@vmware.com). I
didn't get any responses to that suggestion, so I assume that means that
everyone agrees. It would be good to do that in a major version, to
minimize surprises.

- Heikki

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

От
ljwilson
Дата:
Now that Hiroshi Inoue (Thanks Hiroshi!) has committed a fix for the bug I
ran into (UseDeclareFetch=1, Fetch=100, UseServerSidePrepare=0 causes
Windows gpf in Unicode Driver versions > 08.04.0200), I would like to see a
09.01.03.00 release as well. Leaving the default of UseServerSidePrepare=0
for 09.01.03.00, and saving UseServerSidePrepare=1 as a default for the next
major (09.03.00.00?) release sounds like a good idea.

Thanks...jack

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 09:54 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> If everything goes to the plan, PostgreSQL 9.3 beta will be released in
> the new few weeks, and I just saw a thread on the pgsql-jdbc list on
> releasing a 9.3 JDBC driver for the beta
> (http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1367433610.6768.15.camel@lenovo01-laptop03.gunduz.org).
>
> I think we should also make a 9.3 release of the ODBC driver. There's
> been a lot of bug fixes since the last release, so it's time to make a
> new release anyway.

Any updates with this? 9.3 will be officially announced on Monday.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 09.05.2013 08:06, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 09:54 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> If everything goes to the plan, PostgreSQL 9.3 beta will be released in
>> the new few weeks, and I just saw a thread on the pgsql-jdbc list on
>> releasing a 9.3 JDBC driver for the beta
>> (http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1367433610.6768.15.camel@lenovo01-laptop03.gunduz.org).
>>
>> I think we should also make a 9.3 release of the ODBC driver. There's
>> been a lot of bug fixes since the last release, so it's time to make a
>> new release anyway.
>
> Any updates with this? 9.3 will be officially announced on Monday.

Looks like we won't make that...

I could help with getting the release out, but I have no idea how to do
it. Hiroshi? Dave? Is there a readme or something on how to make a
release? Who builds the Windows binaries?

BTW, Jack's suggestion to make one more bugfix 9.1 release, and then 9.3
with changing the default of UseServerSidePrepare, makes sense to me.

- Heikki

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> On 09.05.2013 08:06, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 09:54 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>>
>>> If everything goes to the plan, PostgreSQL 9.3 beta will be released in
>>> the new few weeks, and I just saw a thread on the pgsql-jdbc list on
>>> releasing a 9.3 JDBC driver for the beta
>>>
>>> (http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1367433610.6768.15.camel@lenovo01-laptop03.gunduz.org).
>>>
>>> I think we should also make a 9.3 release of the ODBC driver. There's
>>> been a lot of bug fixes since the last release, so it's time to make a
>>> new release anyway.
>>

>> Any updates with this? 9.3 will be officially announced on Monday.
>

> Looks like we won't make that...
>
> I could help with getting the release out, but I have no idea how to do it.
> Hiroshi? Dave? Is there a readme or something on how to make a release? Who
> builds the Windows binaries?

Saito-san normally handles the releases these days. There's not much
to it - just build and upload the packages, then send an announcement.

I haven't built a release in years, so I expect it would take me a
while to get a suitable build environment sorted out - I don't really
have time to work on that at the moment I'm afraid.

--
Dave Page
Chief Architect, Tools & Installers

Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

От
Hiroshi Saito
Дата:
Hi.

sorry very late reaction.

I have a check without missing a mailing list, however,
I've been hesitate the timing reaction. Because they did
not have the margin time..
I and Inoue-san have a patch should be applied to some of
this release. therefore, I will prepare for the release to
adjust it. If it is possible to apply git.

thanks.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

(2013/05/10 17:11), Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>> On 09.05.2013 08:06, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,

>>> Any updates with this? 9.3 will be officially announced on Monday.
>>

>> Looks like we won't make that...
>>
>> I could help with getting the release out, but I have no idea how to do it.
>> Hiroshi? Dave? Is there a readme or something on how to make a release? Who
>> builds the Windows binaries?
>
> Saito-san normally handles the releases these days. There's not much
> to it - just build and upload the packages, then send an announcement.
>
> I haven't built a release in years, so I expect it would take me a
> while to get a suitable build environment sorted out - I don't really
> have time to work on that at the moment I'm afraid.
>

> --
> Dave Page
> Chief Architect, Tools & Installers
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
(2013/05/11 0:18), Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Hi.
>
> sorry very late reaction.
>
> I have a check without missing a mailing list, however,
> I've been hesitate the timing reaction. Because they did
> not have the margin time..
> I and Inoue-san have a patch should be applied to some of
> this release. therefore, I will prepare for the release to
> adjust it. If it is possible to apply git.

I forgot to puch an installer related change.
I would push it to git soon.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

От
Hiroshi Saito
Дата:
Inoue-san.

Great,thanks!!
However, I'm not reach the git yet.?_?

(2013/05/11 13:42), Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> (2013/05/11 0:18), Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> sorry very late reaction.
>>
>> I have a check without missing a mailing list, however,
>> I've been hesitate the timing reaction. Because they did
>> not have the margin time..
>> I and Inoue-san have a patch should be applied to some of
>> this release. therefore, I will prepare for the release to
>> adjust it. If it is possible to apply git.
>
> I forgot to puch an installer related change.
> I would push it to git soon.
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Time for a 9.3 release?

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
Saito-san, please send me your community username (off-list), and I'll
give you the write permission to the repository.

--
- Heikki