Обсуждение: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
I've uploaded psqlODBC 08.00.0102 to
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/. This is a bug fix release
of the pre-libpq version of the driver, specifically to fix a bug
affecting Unix users
(http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/bugs/bugupdate.php?1176)

The uploaded files are on the ftp server now, and will propagate onto
the main website and mirror network over the next 24 hours.

Regards, Dave

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Joel Fradkin"
Дата:
So is it ready for prime time?

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
 This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/. This is a bug fix release
of the pre-libpq version of the driver, specifically to fix a bug
affecting Unix users
(http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/bugs/bugupdate.php?1176)

The uploaded files are on the ftp server now, and will propagate onto
the main website and mirror network over the next 24 hours.

Regards, Dave

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Dave Page"

Well, as much as 08.00.0101 was, with the addition of the Unix fix I
mentioned. Oh, and there's a small memory leak fix I back patched as
well. I doubt you'll see much difference though unless you were seeing
memory leaks with prepared statements.

I would wait for the next libpq version if I were you - that has lots
more fixes, and I believe I sorted the Unicode bug today (finally - it
only took about 3 days on and off to figure it out!) - it fixes
Philippe's problem in all my tests, and I hope it will also fix the
Borland BDE and 'blank varchar/text' column issues others have been
seeing as well. If so, it should then be as good as the earlier 07
versions :-)

I expect to release in the next day or two.

/D

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Joel Fradkin"
Дата:
Thanks for the update.
I plan on going live this weekend, so whatever is best by then I will go
with.

If I am building from CSV will that have all the best of the best?
Sorry to keep bugging you with questions, I appreciate you have been super
busy.

[...]

"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
> I would wait for the next libpq version if I were you - that has lots
> more fixes, and I believe I sorted the Unicode bug today (finally - it
> only took about 3 days on and off to figure it out!) - it fixes
> Philippe's problem in all my tests, and I hope it will also fix the
> Borland BDE and 'blank varchar/text' column issues others have been
> seeing as well. If so, it should then be as good as the earlier 07
> versions :-)

That's just absolutely fantastic.  In the last three months or so the
odbc driver has made more progress than in the last three years.  Great!
(although it amazes me anybody still uses the BDE) :).

In addition, support for the L3 protocol paves the way for huge
performance increases via parse/bind.

Merlin

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
Max Cohan
Дата:
I'm using ODBC via VB.NET (1.1)...
When I switch to this version I get the following error:
ODBC ERROR: [01004] The buffer was too small for the ConnStrOut.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Max

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 09:15:58AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> I've uploaded psqlODBC 08.00.0102 to
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/. This is a bug fix release
> of the pre-libpq version of the driver, specifically to fix a bug
> affecting Unix users
> (http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/bugs/bugupdate.php?1176)
>
> The uploaded files are on the ftp server now, and will propagate onto
> the main website and mirror network over the next 24 hours.
>
> Regards, Dave

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Dave Page"

The latest code is in CVS, which in theory is the greatest, but bear in
mind that it's also the least tested, and it's not beyond the realms of
possibility that a committed bug fix for one problem may have unforseen
side effects.

Regards, Dave

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Max,

Yeah, I've noticed that error in recent testing. I hope to resolve it
for the next snapshot  in the next day or so.

Regards,Dave.

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
Where can i get a documentation about the modifications and changes ?
In general, i did not found any documenatation about ODBC, especially about the various setting dialogs.

Josef Springer

Joel Fradkin wrote:
[...]

mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Josef Springer
(Geschäftsleitung)

 -- the software company --

Orlando-di-Lasso Str. 2
D-85640 Putzbrunn

Tel.++49(0)89 600 6920
Fax++49(0)89 600 69220
mailtoJosef.Springer@joops.com
Websitehttp://www.joops.com

Вложения

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Dave Page"

OK, I've looked at this, and from what I can tell, the driver is doing
exactly what it should. The error message is raised when the buffer
passed to SQLDriverConnect (SQLBrowseConnect) is too small to hold the
connection string. According to the docs:

OutConnectionString
    [Output]
Pointer to a buffer for the completed connection string. Upon successful
connection to the target data source, this buffer contains the completed
connection string. Applications should allocate at least 1,024 bytes for
this buffer.

See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/ht
m/odbcsqldriverconnect.asp for more info.

In my tests, I'm seeing connection strings that are significantly
shorter than 1024 bytes. The occurances of the error I was seeing were
caused by Microsoft's ODBC test program which used a zero byte
buffer(!). If you want to check this in your case, switch on the mylog,
then check the line in the log that looks like:

[2528]szConnStrOut = '' len=138,0

The first number is the size of the connstring, the second is the size
of the output buffer (0 in my case, hence the empty szConnStrOut).

Anyhoo, the good news is that even if you can't modify your code, this
is actually only a warning - the function just returns
SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO instead of SQL_SUCCESS. The connection is still
perfectly usable.

Regards, Dave.

Use Declare/Fetch in new version

От
"alexandre::aldeia digital"
Дата:
Hi,

The "Use Declare/Fetch" will be ported to the new ODBC version ???
It's great way to boost the database access in a migrated application
from other databases.

Thanks,

Alexandre

>>I plan on going live this weekend, so whatever is best by
>>then I will go
>>with.
>>
>>If I am building from CSV will that have all the best of the best?
>>Sorry to keep bugging you with questions, I appreciate you
>>have been super
>>busy.
>
> The latest code is in CVS, which in theory is the greatest, but bear in
> mind that it's also the least tested, and it's not beyond the realms of
> possibility that a committed bug fix for one problem may have unforseen
> side effects.
>
> Regards, Dave

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Scot Loach"
Дата:
I finally got around to giving the new driver a try.

There's one major problem I'm running into.  Specifically, the SQLRowCount() function doesn't work with the libpq
implementation.

Can anyone comment on this?

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/. This is a bug fix release
of the pre-libpq version of the driver, specifically to fix a bug
affecting Unix users
(http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/bugs/bugupdate.php?1176)

The uploaded files are on the ftp server now, and will propagate onto
the main website and mirror network over the next 24 hours.

Regards, Dave

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Dave Page"

I'll investigate....

/D

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Anoop Kumar"
Дата:
Hi Scot,

I am attaching a patch to solve the SQLRowCount() issue you have faced.
This should enable you to get the number of rows affected by an
INSERT/DELETE or UPDATE operation.

The old odbc driver returned the number of rows after a select
statement. Now the libpq enabled version returns a zero.

Regards

Anoop

broadcast)---------------------------
>        match

Вложения

Re: psqlODBC 08.00.0102 available for download

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Thanks, patch applied.

/D

Дата:
Thanks Anoop.
Actually I think the old driver always returned 0 for select statements too, so the behavior should now be consistent.