Обсуждение: Emergent: get table names from SageLine50 by ODBC

Emergent: get table names from SageLine50 by ODBC

От
john@intelligentapps.com (Local Cuber)
Дата:
HI,

Anybody knows how to get table names from SageLine50 by ODBC.

select * from system_schema.tables is not working for this.

anybody has ever come across this?

thank you
john.

Re: Emergent: get table names from SageLine50 by ODBC

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Local Cuber wrote:
> Anybody knows how to get table names from SageLine50 by ODBC.
>
> select * from system_schema.tables is not working for this.

The correct table name is information_schema.tables.

Re: Emergent: get table names from SageLine50 by ODBC

От
john@intelligentapps.com (Local Cuber)
Дата:
The information_schema.tables is not working.

but the strangest thing is that I can use excel or sql server to find
their names. are there some special agreement between sage and ms.

thank you

Re: Emergent: get table names from SageLine50 by ODBC

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Local Cuber wrote:
> The information_schema.tables is not working.

If you want to get further help on this you should provide us with some
more precise information.  How is it not working?  Is there an error
message?  Is it not showing the information you expected?

Re: Emergent: get table names from SageLine50 by ODBC

От
"Philippe Lang"
Дата:
Have you tried maybe to create a stored procedure that performs your query, and to call that stored procedure from your
software?

The information_schema.tables is not working.

but the strangest thing is that I can use excel or sql server to find their names. are there some special agreement
betweensage and ms.

thank you

      joining column's datatypes do not match

Re: Emergent: get table names from SageLine50 by ODBC

От
Mischa Sandberg
Дата:
Any ODBC driver should support the SQLTables() call,
at very least to the extent of listing all the table names!