Обсуждение: THANK YOU

THANK YOU

От
Дата:
I have my postgresql DB ( rathat 9 ) on linux machine. and i have 2 windows clients ( win98) for this DB.started giving error

Could not connect to remote socket

I have taken care of each thing like
1) Starting postmaster with -i option
2) windows client machines can ping server.
3) windows client machines can access server's shared folders through samba services
4) pg_hba.conf file has 2 entries for my clients

what else should i do to connect my windows clients machines with my linux server ??

Re: THANK YOU

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 anukul@phl.co.th wrote:

> I have my postgresql DB ( rathat 9 ) on linux machine. and i have 2 windows clients ( win98) for this DB.started
givingerror

> Could not connect to remote socket
>
> I have taken care of each thing like
> 1) Starting postmaster with -i option
> 2) windows client machines can ping server.
> 3) windows client machines can access server's shared folders through samba services
> 4) pg_hba.conf file has 2 entries for my clients
>

> what else should i do to connect my windows clients machines with my linux server ??

Check for a firewall on the linux box.

Make sure you've restarted the database server to see the changes to
pg_hba.conf if the changes were made after the last start.

What does

nmap -p 5432 serverip

when run on the server say?

Re: Win98 client connection problem (was THANK YOU)

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Tuesday 09 March 2004 23:47, scott.marlowe wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 anukul@phl.co.th wrote:
> > I have my postgresql DB ( rathat 9 ) on linux machine. and i have 2
> > windows clients ( win98) for this DB.started giving error
> >
> > Could not connect to remote socket

In addition to Scott's advice, you can turn connection logging on in
PostgreSQL and see if it is receiving a connection attempt.

Also in your odbc driver settings, there is the option to record a log-file
from that end.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd