Обсуждение: FW: Message for: dpage

FW: Message for: dpage

От
günter strubinsky
Дата:
I tried to run msizap but when I try to start the psqlodbc.msi it still
insists that there is a prior version on this machine.

Because of my manual actions ({BD868C41-BB9B-4AA7-A3F1-DB1FA1A02610} gone,,
the entry with key psqlodbc removed) I can't see what odbc version was on
the machine: the registry is empty, the dll's are gone, this machine should
be clean. The installer seems to find another key in the registry that
reminds it of the old version and I don't know which one else might need to
be removed.

So right now I can't uninstall nor install. I don't know who packed odbc
into the msi package. S/he probably knows what keys are used. I haven't
worked with installer for some time (when they were setup.exe files) and
don't know whether the {} entries are generated or manually given. I assume
that in any case the installer will give a list of those keys while packing.
Since I update regularly I don't think that I was more than 2 versions
behind.

So if I could get some advice either of
-    how to remove the last traces of psqlodbc by brute force
    or
-    the registry keys to be deleted from the registry
    or
-    any files I might have overlooked
    or
-    a way to run the installer in debug mode so that I can see what the
condition is that keeps the installer believing there is still a copy around

... that would be great.

If you don't know any of that but a point of start where I could look to
find those answers that's great too.

I am in limbo right now, can't neither load nor use odbc. Thank you
Micro$oft for an installer that requires the installation files to
uninstall!!!!!! <GRRRROWWLLL>

 günter strubinsky
 <strubinsky@acm.org>