Обсуждение: large obiect in postgres 7.3

large obiect in postgres 7.3

От
netim2@isp.pl
Дата:
When i try to create lo type:
create type lo (
internallength=4,
externallength=10,
input=int4in,
output=int4out,
default='',
passedbyvalue
);

I get a error : function int4out(lo) does not exist ?????

I can't restore base from postgres 7.2....

Why ?

NETim

Re: large obiect in postgres 7.3

Дата:
netim2@isp.pl writes:
> I get a error : function int4out(lo) does not exist ?????

You need to use the 7.3 version of contrib/lo.

            regards, tom lane

Re: large obiect in postgres 7.3

От
netim2@isp.pl
Дата:
Hi,

>> I get a error : function int4out(lo) does not exist ?????

>You need to use the 7.3 version of contrib/lo.

I don't understand what i should do...

In pogrgres 7.2 I made a dump pg_dump.....

Now I have postgres 7.3 and I can't restore backup becouse
script try create type lo, and postgres return error : function int4out(lo)
does not exist, and stop restore.

I can drop type lo in postgres 7.2, make dump, and restore backup without
type lo. But What should I do instead of type lo ?

NETim