Обсуждение: Latex formatting

Latex formatting

От
Peter Wintoft
Дата:
Hi all,

I am quite new to Postgresql, but I have used MySQL quite a lot. But now I'm thinking of switching for several
differentreasons, and one of them is that I found that you can get output formatted as a Latex table. Excellent.

Now to my question: Is it possible to get decimal numbers in scientific notation, so that e.g. 0.052 becomes $5.2 \cdot
10^{-2}$?

Thanks!

Peter

Re: Latex formatting

Дата:
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 07:47:37PM +0200, Peter Wintoft wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am quite new to Postgresql, but I have used MySQL quite a lot. But
> now I'm thinking of switching for several different reasons, and one
> of them is that I found that you can get output formatted as a Latex
> table. Excellent.
>
> Now to my question: Is it possible to get decimal numbers in
> scientific notation, so that e.g. 0.052 becomes $5.2 \cdot 10^{-2}$ ?

Uh, well, our Latex output hasn't been improved in quite some time, but
we are willing to accept patches to improve it.  Someone previously was
working on making the table output more flexible, but never submitted a
patch.

Re: Latex formatting

От
Peter Wintoft
Дата:
Thanks for the reply Bruce. Ok, then I know. I will probably solve it by taking the produced Latex table and do some
parsingto convert numbers into scientific notion.

What language is used for patches?

/ Peter

On 2012-10-16, at 20:29 , Bruce Momjian wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 07:47:37PM +0200, Peter Wintoft wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am quite new to Postgresql, but I have used MySQL quite a lot. But
>> now I'm thinking of switching for several different reasons, and one
>> of them is that I found that you can get output formatted as a Latex
>> table. Excellent.
>>
>> Now to my question: Is it possible to get decimal numbers in
>> scientific notation, so that e.g. 0.052 becomes $5.2 \cdot 10^{-2}$ ?
>
> Uh, well, our Latex output hasn't been improved in quite some time, but
> we are willing to accept patches to improve it.  Someone previously was
> working on making the table output more flexible, but never submitted a
> patch.
>
> --
>  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
>  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com
>
>  + It's impossible for everything to be true. +

Re: Latex formatting

От
Andrej
Дата:
On 19 October 2012 01:38, Peter Wintoft <peter@lund.irf.se> wrote:
> What language is used for patches?

> / Peter
Cheers,
Andrej

Re: Latex formatting

От
Peter Wintoft
Дата:
Ok, thanks. Not fluent enough in C to be able to help. But I wrote a function that basically does the job, although
someextra parameter could be added to control the formatting:

create function sci (x float) returns text as $$ select
regexp_replace(to_char(x,'9.99EEEE'),'(.+)e(-*)(\+*)(0*)(.+)',E'$\\1\\cdot10\^{\\2\\5}$') $$

Example:

select sci(0.003337),sci(5678);
         sci          |         sci
 $ 3.34\cdot 10^{-3}$ | $ 5.68\cdot 10^{3}$
(1 row)

/ Peter