Обсуждение: postgreSQL odbc driver for Sun Solaris

postgreSQL odbc driver for Sun Solaris

От
"VARTAK, SATISH CTR DFAS"
Дата:
Hello there,

I am trying to find an ODBC driver to install on a Sun Solaris 10 server
to connect to Postgres 8.3.100 database.
I have been able to find one for my Windows client on
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/  and it works fine.
Not been able to find one for Unix/Sun Solaris.

Would appreciate your help in locating the correct driver.

Thanks,
Satish Vartak

Re: postgreSQL odbc driver for Sun Solaris

От
Michael Wood
Дата:
On 5 March 2012 23:12, VARTAK, SATISH CTR DFAS
<SATISH.VARTAK.CTR@dfas.mil> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I am trying to find an ODBC driver to install on a Sun Solaris 10 server
> to connect to Postgres 8.3.100 database.
> I have been able to find one for my Windows client on
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/  and it works fine.
> Not been able to find one for Unix/Sun Solaris.
>
> Would appreciate your help in locating the correct driver.

If you want to use ODBC from Solaris I think you'll need to compile it
yourself from here:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>

Re: postgreSQL odbc driver for Sun Solaris

От
"VARTAK, SATISH CTR DFAS"
Дата:
Thank you very much for your quick response. Would you be able to direct me to instructions on compilation for Solaris.

Thanks again for your help!

Satish Vartak

On 5 March 2012 23:12, VARTAK, SATISH CTR DFAS
<SATISH.VARTAK.CTR@dfas.mil> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I am trying to find an ODBC driver to install on a Sun Solaris 10 server
> to connect to Postgres 8.3.100 database.
> I have been able to find one for my Windows client on
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/  and it works fine.
> Not been able to find one for Unix/Sun Solaris.
>
> Would appreciate your help in locating the correct driver.

If you want to use ODBC from Solaris I think you'll need to compile it
yourself from here:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>

Re: postgreSQL odbc driver for Sun Solaris

От
Michael Wood
Дата:
On 6 March 2012 16:00, VARTAK, SATISH CTR DFAS
<SATISH.VARTAK.CTR@dfas.mil> wrote:
> Thank you very much for your quick response. Would you be able to direct me to instructions on compilation for
Solaris.
> Thanks again for your help!

I've never used psqlODBC, but I think this is what you're looking for:

http://psqlodbc.projects.postgresql.org/unix-compilation.html

> Satish Vartak

Дата:
Thanks for your help! Shall pass on this information to the end user for testing.

Have a great day!
Satish Vartak

On 6 March 2012 16:00, VARTAK, SATISH CTR DFAS
<SATISH.VARTAK.CTR@dfas.mil> wrote:
> Thank you very much for your quick response. Would you be able to direct me to instructions on compilation for
Solaris.
> Thanks again for your help!

I've never used psqlODBC, but I think this is what you're looking for:

http://psqlodbc.projects.postgresql.org/unix-compilation.html

> Satish Vartak

SQL odbc driver for Windows 7 (64 bit) - database Postgres version 8.3

От
"VARTAK, SATISH CTR DFAS"
Дата:
Good afternoon,

We have a Postgres version 8.3.100 database embedded in one of our
applications. I have tried psqlodbc driver  version 8.3.100 on Window XP
client and it works well. We will be upgrading  the OS software soon.
What version of the ODBC driver would you recommend for use on Windows 7
(64 bit)?

Thanks in advance,

Satish Vartak

SQL odbc driver for Windows 7 (64 bit) - database Postgres version 8.3

От
"VARTAK, SATISH CTR DFAS"
Дата:
Good morning,

We have a Postgres version 8.3.100 database embedded in one of our
applications. We currently use psqlodbc driver  version 8.3.100 on
Window XP SP3 client to connect to the database and it works very well.
We will be upgrading  the workstation OS software soon to Windows 7
(64bit). What version of the ODBC driver would you recommend for use on
Windows 7 (64 bit)?

Would appreciate any help in locating the correct driver,

Thanks,

Satish Vartak

Re: SQL odbc driver for Windows 7 (64 bit) - database Postgres version 8.3

От
Merlin Moncure
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:54 AM, VARTAK, SATISH CTR DFAS
<SATISH.VARTAK.CTR@dfas.mil> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> We have a Postgres version 8.3.100 database embedded in one of our
> applications. We currently use psqlodbc driver  version 8.3.100 on
> Window XP SP3 client to connect to the database and it works very well.
> We will be upgrading  the workstation OS software soon to Windows 7
> (64bit). What version of the ODBC driver would you recommend for use on
> Windows 7 (64 bit)?
>
> Would appreciate any help in locating the correct driver,

I would generally recommend getting the latest version.   The ODBC
driver is backwards compatible.

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

merlin