Обсуждение: PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine

PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine

От
"Craig Boyd"

Hello All,

Is it possible to run both PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine (different ports, of course).

If so, is there anything in particular that must be done to help them coexist?

The reason I ask is because I have tried this and the v9 (port 5432) runs fine, but the v8 (port 15432 and tried 5431) server does not start and I can’t find any error messages.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Craigbert

Re: PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
Craig Boyd <craig@mysoftforge.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> Is it possible to run both PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine (different
> ports, of course).
>
> If so, is there anything in particular that must be done to help them coexist?

different ports and different data directory, but yes, it's possible,
i'm running, for instance, 9.1 and 9.2dev on my machine.

(and different config-files...)

Andreas

Re: [personal] Re: PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
Craig Boyd <craig@mysoftforge.com> wrote:

> Andreas,
>
> Thanks for confirming that for me.  I am using different ports and
> directories.  I will take another run at it later today and let you guys
> know how it goes.
> BTW, I changed the port 15432, any issues with that?  I would not think
> so....

Please, answer to the list, not to me.

And yes: no issues with that port, i'm using ports near by 5432, but
again, no problem.

Andreas

Re: [personal] Re: PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine

От
"Craig Boyd"
Дата:
My apologies Andreas.  I did not pay attention when I hit reply.

Thanks for your response.  I am re-installing v8 even as I speak, er, type.

Craigbert

> Thanks for confirming that for me.  I am using different ports and
> directories.  I will take another run at it later today and let you
> guys know how it goes.
> BTW, I changed the port 15432, any issues with that?  I would not
> think so....

Please, answer to the list, not to me.

And yes: no issues with that port, i'm using ports near by 5432, but again,
no problem.

Andreas

Re: PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine - SOLVED

От
"Craig Boyd"
Дата:
OK.  I figured out that for some reason pgAdmin III was reporting the port
number as being one less than what it actually was.  I discovered this doing
a port scan of my computer to verify that the service was running AND that
it was on the correct port.

Thanks so much Andreas for patiently poking me along!

Craigbert