Обсуждение: pg_locks concern

pg_locks concern

От
"Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos"
Дата:
Hi list,

I'm new in administering postgres database server. I would like to ask a question what's causing these locks and what are the consequences?

Currently, we have single application that consumes 100% CPU Utilization of our server.

Here's the specs of our server,
  • HPDL580
  • Quad Quad (16 Logical Processors)
  • 24GB Memory
  • 4TB Storage

TIA,

RIdvan

--
リヅバン バルヨス
ridvan.baluyos@qualservcentral.com

Registered Linux User #439466
Registered Ubuntu User #16034
Q: Have you heard of the Object-Oriented way to get wealthy?
I'm new in administering postgres database server. I would like to ask a question what's causing these locks and what are the consequences?

Currently, we have single application that consumes 100% CPU Utilization of our server.

Here's the specs of our server,
  • HPDL580
  • Quad Quad (16 Logical Processors)
  • 24GB Memory
  • 4TB Storage

TIA,

RIdvan

RIdvan,

If you application sit's at 100% then it's not PG and you need to look there rather then looking into PostgreSQL.
It also helps if you tell is more about the application, what version of PostgreSQL you have
and what queries are running..

Re: pg_locks concern

От
Chris Browne
Дата:
ridvan@baluyos.net ("Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos") writes:

> Hi list,
> I'm new in administering postgres database server. I would like to ask a question what's causing these locks and what
arethe consequences?
> Currently, we have single application that consumes 100% CPU Utilization of our server.

Have you availed yourself of the fine documentation?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/view-pg-locks.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/explicit-locking.html

This gives some decent detail as to what kinds of locks are acquired
and why, in general.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/multiplexor.html