Обсуждение: how install 2 different version

how install 2 different version

От
"Bottini"

Hi all

Probably is a stupid question,

But I don’t want to destroy my server J

Is possible  to install two different version of postgresql on the same Linux server? I want to install  the 8.2 version in a server where is installed 8.1.3 version

If the answer is affirmative,I think that I have to change 2 things :the installation directory and the port.

1) I install postgres with the rpm command .I think that I have to use the option –relocate.But how?

2) In what’s file I can change the port?

Thanks a lot.

Gian Piero Bottini

__________________________
dott. Gian Piero Bottini

ARPA Valle d'Aosta
Loc. Grande Charrière 44
11020 Saint Christophe - Aosta
Tel. 0165-278552

contatto skype gianpiero.bottini
_______________________________

Re: how install 2 different version

От
joe speigle
Дата:
If you read the first few paragraphs of
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/mysql2psql/faq/faq.php?faq_id=181

there is told how to install 2 different postgres servers on the same
system, running at the same time, out of different clusters and using
different ports.

It's written for another purpose, but the instructions for the above take
up the first bit of the explanation of how to do something else.

joseph.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited