Обсуждение: Missing Tutorial directory and files

Missing Tutorial directory and files

От
"Eric M. Cherry"

Greetings, all.

Having been pointed in the direction of the documentation online and helped through my basic login problem, I’ve been busily chomping through the tutorial given in the 8.1 Interactive documentation.  In Chapter 3 Advanced Features, Section 1 Introduction, I’m cautioned that example data given in “advanced.sql” in the ….\src\tutorial directory will not be repeated in the document, and I’m told that I should follow steps in Chapter 2, Section 1 to get this data into my database.

It appears that I didn’t manage to get the tutorial stuff when I downloaded and installed the program.  I just attempted to reinstall, on the off chance that I didn’t choose to install the tutorial material, but the directory doesn’t appear to be an option.  I searched the home site for this file, but it doesn’t appear to be obviously available.

Does anyone have this file that I might use, or is there a place where I can download it?

    - emc

Re: Missing Tutorial directory and files

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
I'll email the file to you directly.

Also, all the tutorial files are included in the pgEdit distribution
(examples folder).

John

On Sep 2, 2006, at 1:55 PM, Eric M. Cherry wrote:

> Having been pointed in the direction of the documentation online
> and helped through my basic login problem, I’ve been busily
> chomping through the tutorial given in the 8.1 Interactive
> documentation.  In Chapter 3 Advanced Features, Section 1
> Introduction, I’m cautioned that example data given in
> “advanced.sql” in the ….\src\tutorial directory will not be
> repeated in the document, and I’m told that I should follow steps
> in Chapter 2, Section 1 to get this data into my database.
>

> It appears that I didn’t manage to get the tutorial stuff when I
> downloaded and installed the program.  I just attempted to
> reinstall, on the off chance that I didn’t choose to install the
> tutorial material, but the directory doesn’t appear to be an
> option.  I searched the home site for this file, but it doesn’t
> appear to be obviously available.
>

> Does anyone have this file that I might use, or is there a place
> where I can download it?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Re: Missing Tutorial directory and files

От
"Eric M. Cherry"
> From: John DeSoi [mailto:desoi@pgedit.com]
> Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Missing Tutorial directory and files

> I'll email the file to you directly.

> Also, all the tutorial files are included in the pgEdit distribution
> (examples folder).

> John

Thank-you!

Everyone so far has been great to me.  You are all making a fundamentally
daunting quest into something that seems feasible.

   - emc