Обсуждение: pgAdmin and XML

pgAdmin and XML

От
julian howard
Дата:
I have data saved as xml. Can pgAdmin use xml as a
data source, if so how? If not, how can I achieve
integration with outside data?

I've used an app called Navicat that works great, but
I can't afford it yet. So I'm looking for another
solution.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

thx

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: pgAdmin and XML

От
"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
Try using xml2 contrib module (http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/xml2/) for PostgreSQL.

Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)

I have data saved as xml. Can pgAdmin use xml as a
data source, if so how? If not, how can I achieve
integration with outside data?

I've used an app called Navicat that works great, but
I can't afford it yet. So I'm looking for another
solution.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

thx

http://mail.yahoo.com

       match

Re: pgAdmin and XML

От
julian howard
Дата:
Is there no gui that goes with pgxml2? Are there any
other gui solutions?

--- Shoaib Mir <shoaibmir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Try using xml2 contrib module (

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/xml2/)
> for
> PostgreSQL.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Shoaib Mir
> EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)
>
> On 7/29/06, julian howard <julianhwrd@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have data saved as xml. Can pgAdmin use xml as a
> > data source, if so how? If not, how can I achieve
> > integration with outside data?
> >
> > I've used an app called Navicat that works great,
> but
> > I can't afford it yet. So I'm looking for another
> > solution.
> >
> > Thoughts? Suggestions?
> >
> > thx

> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com
> >
> > ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> > TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will
> ignore your desire to
> >        choose an index scan if your joining
> column's datatypes do not
> >        match

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: pgAdmin and XML

От
"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
I dont know of any GUI solution but xml2 is an easy to use contrib module with functions that provide both XPath querying and
XSLT functionality.

On 7/30/06, julian howard <julianhwrd@yahoo.com> wrote:
Is there no gui that goes with pgxml2? Are there any
other gui solutions?

--- Shoaib Mir <shoaibmir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Try using xml2 contrib module (

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/xml2/)
> for
> PostgreSQL.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Shoaib Mir
> EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)
>
> On 7/29/06, julian howard <julianhwrd@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have data saved as xml. Can pgAdmin use xml as a
> > data source, if so how? If not, how can I achieve
> > integration with outside data?
> >
> > I've used an app called Navicat that works great,
> but
> > I can't afford it yet. So I'm looking for another
> > solution.
> >
> > Thoughts? Suggestions?
> >
> > thx

> > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com
> >
> > ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> > TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will
> ignore your desire to
> >        choose an index scan if your joining
> column's datatypes do not
> >        match

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: pgAdmin and XML

От
Gordon Haverland
Дата:
> > On 7/29/06, julian howard <julianhwrd@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> > > I have data saved as xml. Can pgAdmin use xml as a
> > > data source, if so how? If not, how can I achieve
> > > integration with outside data?

There are lots of modules in the Perl world (at CPAN) which can
help in moving data from one format to another, or into a
database.  They all involve writing a little bit of code in perl
however.

DBIx::Admin::BackupRestore would be my first guess as a module to
look at.

Gord

Re: pgAdmin and XML (Navicat) 2

От
julian howard
Дата:
I'll take a look at it, thanks. Your thoughts on
navicat postgre?