Обсуждение: Privileges query?

Privileges query?

От
marcus@anywhere.ws
Дата:
Hi all,
I'm trying to see what privileges are assigned to tables/views for
specific group or user. But when I run the query -
select c.table_name,c.grantee,c.privilege_type from
information_schema.role_table_grants c;
it only returns the result for group that current user belongs to.
Is it possible to query from a specific user to see ALL users and
their privileges?

thanks.

Marcus

Localization

От
Valentin Gjorgjioski
Дата:
As I read here,
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/charset.html

once you install your postgeSQL system, you cant change your behavior of
order by statements?
Does that mean that there is no way to order in one database by English,
in another by Russian, and on third, Macedonian.

And what about different tables in a database?

And in a single table but different column?

I have read a bit about nls_string function but it is not recognized by
postgresql at least in my installation.

Re: Localization

Дата:
Valentin Gjorgjioski <tinodj@mt.net.mk> writes:
> once you install your postgeSQL system, you cant change your behavior of
> order by statements?
> Does that mean that there is no way to order in one database by English,
> in another by Russian, and on third, Macedonian.

Not at the moment :-(.  This is determined by locale settings, which are
frozen at initdb time.  We've been looking at how to be more flexible,
but it seems a nontrivial problem.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Localization

От
Valentin Gjorgjioski
Дата:
On 17.05.2006 06:27 Tom Lane wrote:
> Valentin Gjorgjioski <tinodj@mt.net.mk> writes:
>> once you install your postgeSQL system, you cant change your behavior of
>> order by statements?
>> Does that mean that there is no way to order in one database by English,
>> in another by Russian, and on third, Macedonian.
>
> Not at the moment :-(.  This is determined by locale settings, which are
> frozen at initdb time.  We've been looking at how to be more flexible,
> but it seems a nontrivial problem.

And nls_string I suppose is too slow? Isnt it? However, any help, how
can I compile and install it under windows? I have really a lot of
problems with that yesterday.

Localization

От
Valentin Gjorgjioski