Обсуждение: Uppercase initials in Win XP

Uppercase initials in Win XP

От
mariateresa.ll@bresciaonline.it
Дата:
Hello everyone,

I'm a novice, so could be that this has been already debated; in case, link me to the correct thread.

I've created my first DB with PGadminIII locally on a XP SP1 box and I declared its name, and enclosed tablenames also,
withUppercase initials.
Any effort to populate my tables in pgsql failed, witn "relation ... inexistent" error, and creates a crash in View
dataof PGadminIII.

After some random checks, I resolved to force lowercase the tablenames and, voila' !, everything started to work
smoothly.

Is it a known "feature", a bug or mine own stupidity ?

Regards, Fabio

BTW, what is the correct way to completely remove PG from the XP box, (DB and engine) ?

Re: Uppercase initials in Win XP

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Feb 27, 2006, at 17:07 , mariateresa.ll@bresciaonline.it wrote:

> After some random checks, I resolved to force lowercase the
> tablenames and, voila' !, everything started to work smoothly.
>
> Is it a known "feature", a bug or mine own stupidity ?

It's a FAQ:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#item4.21

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: Uppercase initials in Win XP

От
Дата:
> BTW, what is the correct way to completely remove PG
> from the XP box, (DB and engine) ?

you should find those intstructions in the postgresql
PDF file here:

http://www.geocities.com/operationsengineer1/