Обсуждение: Createlang error installing SQL-Ledger

Createlang error installing SQL-Ledger

От
"Roland Giesler"
Дата:
I'm trying to install SQL-Ledger on a Mandrake 10.0 box, but I get the
following error

[root@localhost sql-ledger]# su postgres
[postgres@localhost sql-ledger]$ createuser
Enter name of user to add: sql-ledger
Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) y
CREATE USER
[postgres@localhost sql-ledger]$ createlang plpgsql template1
createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not access file
"$libdir/plpgsql": No such file or directory
[postgres@localhost sql-ledger]$

I have checked all requirements, and google cannot find anything to help me.
The faq at sql-ledger also doesn't help.

Some info:

[postgres@localhost sql-ledger]$ cd $libdir
[postgres@localhost pgsql]$ ls -l
total 12
drwx------  6 postgres postgres 4096 Apr 24 15:40 data
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root     root      338 Apr 24 15:16 initdb.i18n
drwx------  2 postgres postgres 4096 Apr 24 15:16 tmp
[postgres@localhost pgsql]$

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks

Roland

Re: Createlang error installing SQL-Ledger

Дата:
"Roland Giesler" <roland@giesler.za.net> writes:
> I'm trying to install SQL-Ledger on a Mandrake 10.0 box, but I get the
> following error

> [postgres@localhost sql-ledger]$ createlang plpgsql template1
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not access file
> "$libdir/plpgsql": No such file or directory

In this context $libdir means whatever directory was configured as the
location of dynamically loadable modules.  You can find that out from
    pg_config --pkglibdir
There should be a file named something like plpgsql.so in that directory
(possibly a different extension depending on what platform you are on).
If not, you don't have a complete Postgres installation ... maybe you
omitted some RPMs?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Createlang error installing SQL-Ledger

От
"Roland Giesler"

> In this context $libdir means whatever directory was
> configured as the location of dynamically loadable modules.
> You can find that out from
>     pg_config --pkglibdir
> There should be a file named something like plpgsql.so in
> that directory (possibly a different extension depending on
> what platform you are on).
> If not, you don't have a complete Postgres installation ...
> maybe you omitted some RPMs?
>
>             regards, tom lane

The problem was that I did not install the package that contains plpgsql.
(On Mandrake this seems to be a separate package, I'm not quite sure what
happens on other distros.)  Strange that there was not note in the FAQ or
README about this.

"urpmi postgresql-pl" did the trick

Thanks

Roland