Обсуждение: Boolean search

Boolean search

От
Kim Kohen
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm brand new to postgresql (2 weeks) and I'm trying to move a web/PHP
application from MySQL.  I've searched the PG8 docs and googled but can't
seem to find anything which is the equivalent of a MySQL boolean search
(forcing every word in a query to be present in the result row)

Does such a thing exist? I figure it's probably just called something
different but I have no idea where to look.

Cheers and thanks

Kim

Re: Boolean search

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 09:59:01PM +1000, Kim Kohen wrote:

> I'm brand new to postgresql (2 weeks) and I'm trying to move a web/PHP
> application from MySQL.  I've searched the PG8 docs and googled but can't
> seem to find anything which is the equivalent of a MySQL boolean search
> (forcing every word in a query to be present in the result row)

"Boolean search" is vague -- are you talking about what the MySQL
documentation refers to "boolean full-text search"?  If so then
see the contrib/tsearch2 module.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Boolean search

От
Kim Kohen
Дата:
G'day Michael

Thanks for the reply.

> "Boolean search" is vague -- are you talking about what the MySQL
> documentation refers to "boolean full-text search"?
€€€€
Yes, that's it

> If so then see the contrib/tsearch2 module.
€€€€
I googled and read, and googled some more and I decided to have a go at
compiling from source (something I've never done before). I have the
appropriate tools installed (I'm on Mac OS X) but I'm getting an error
trying to make:

Kim-Kohens-Computer:~/Desktop/postgresql-8.0.1/contrib/tsearch2 kim$ make
Makefile:31: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
Makefile:32: /contrib/contrib-global.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/contrib/contrib-global.mk'.  Stop.

Both of these files seem to exist (although src/Makefile.global has a .in
extension)

I was able to find a couple of old archive forum posts with the same error
but not one of them had a response. Does anyone have any idea what might be
causing this problem? If anyone is using OSX and has tsearch2 running I'd be
appreciaitive of any contact.

Cheers and thanks

Kim

Re: Boolean search