Обсуждение: step 2..

step 2..

От
Tom Allison
Дата:
I got postgres installed and working.
I created some users and a database.

but I don't see where I set the passwords or know the passwords for
these users.  Or user postgres for that matter.

Re: step 2..

От
Oliver Fromme
Дата:
Tom Allison wrote:
 > I got postgres installed and working.
 > I created some users and a database.
 >
 > but I don't see where I set the passwords or know the passwords for
 > these users.  Or user postgres for that matter.

template1=# ALTER USER foobar ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'xxxxxxxx' ;

You have to specify the cleartext password (but it will be
stored encrypted by PostgreSQL).  It's an SQL string, so be
sure to enclose it in single quotes.  For details, see:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/sql-alteruser.html

Regards
   Oliver

PI:
int f[9814],b,c=9814,g,i;long a=1e4,d,e,h;
main(){for(;b=c,c-=14;i=printf("%04d",e+d/a),e=d%a)
while(g=--b*2)d=h*b+a*(i?f[b]:a/5),h=d/--g,f[b]=d%g;}

Re: step 2..

От
Oliver Fromme
Дата:
Tom Allison wrote:
 > psql: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "foo"
 >
 > pg_hba.conf?
 >
 > I have entries like:
 >
 > local   all     postgres                                ident sameuser
 > local   all     all                                     ident sameuser
 > host    all     all     127.0.0.1   255.255.255.255     ident sameuser
 > host    all     all     0.0.0.0     0.0.0.0             reject

Mine looks like this:

#TYPE   DBASE   USER    IP-ADDRESS      IP-MASK         METHOD
#----   -----   ----    ----------      -------         ------
local   all     all                                     trust
host    all     all     127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255 trust
host    fishdb  simon   192.168.130.0   255.255.255.0   md5
host    treedb  janet   192.168.130.0   255.255.255.0   md5
host    tigerdb marion  192.168.130.0   255.255.255.0   md5
... etc.

 > I have the exact same user and password set in my login user files as
 > what I created using the sql script above.

What do you mean by "login user files"?  Database user are
not the same as login users.  In fact, they _should_ not be
the same.

 > I'm still getting the IDENT error.
 > suggestions?

Not using "ident" authentication?  It's insecure anyway.

Regards
   Oliver

"Python tricks" is a tough one, cuz the language is so clean. E.g.,
C makes an art of confusing pointers with arrays and strings, which
leads to lotsa neat pointer tricks; APL mistakes everything for an
array, leading to neat one-liners; and Perl confuses everything
period, making each line a joyous adventure <wink>.
        -- Tim Peters

Re: step 2..

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 12:42:14 +0100,
  Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:

> Not using "ident" authentication?  It's insecure anyway.

This depends on the context. For domain socket connections on supported
OS's it is secure and is one of the best ways to do authentication.

For internet connections, you need to be able to trust the connecting host
and the network over which packets travel. In a lot of situations you
may not have enough trust and/or need to justify using ident, but in
some situations it can be used.