Обсуждение: [WAS] postmaster fatal error LC_TIME:fr when launching

[WAS] postmaster fatal error LC_TIME:fr when launching

От
jean Bousquet
Дата:
Hello,
I found out that LC_TIME was defined in the postgresql.conf file in the data
directory (where the data base should be created).
I edited this file and put LC_TIME='C' (all the other LC_.. were also put to
'C') and relaunched postmaster.
I got the following answer :
[G4:~] postgres% /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2003-06-20 00:01:19 CEST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/7FFC04
LOG:  redo record is at 0/7FFC04; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 480; next oid: 16976
LOG:  database system is ready

I did not get any prompt. I invoked
createdb test

but got no answer, no prompt

I use PowerMac G4 with OSX.2.3

Thanks for your help.

Jean

> Hello,
> I installed posrgresql 7.3.3 from scratch by compiling the sources on a
> PowerMac G4 running Mac OSX.2.3 with the Dec 2002 dev. tools.
> gnumake, gnumake check, gnumake install were all OK
> initdb is also OK
> When I run postmaster I get the following fatal error message :
>
> [G4:/Users/jbo] postgres% /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D
> /usr/local/pgsql/data
> FATAL:  invalid value for option 'LC_TIME': 'fr'
>
> fr seems to be for france but I am not able to known what to do to fix the
> problem.
> I tried to rerun ./configure enabling locale (--enable-locale). I redo the
> install process but the error is always the same.
> May be a postgresql power user can point me to the right direction ?

Re: [WAS] postmaster fatal error LC_TIME:fr when launching

Дата:
jean Bousquet <cogilog@cogilog.com> writes:
> I did not get any prompt.

You won't --- the postmaster doesn't issue prompts and is not expecting
to read anything from stdin.  It's supposed to run in the background.
The most primitive way to launch it is
    postmaster ... >somelogfile 2>&1 &
but most people use pg_ctl or a boot-time script to start it.

            regards, tom lane