Обсуждение: granting privilieges on individual columns

granting privilieges on individual columns

От
Don Patou
Дата:
can I grant privileges for individual columns within a table?

thanx in advance

Re: granting privilieges on individual columns

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 20:02:06 +0200,
  Don Patou <pknoob@noos.fr> wrote:
> can I grant privileges for individual columns within a table?

You can effectively do this using a view. You can't directly
restrict access to some columns using grant/revoke.

Re: granting privilieges on individual columns

От
"A.Bhuvaneswaran"
Дата:
> can I grant privileges for individual columns within a table?

No. But you can create a view with those columns and thus grant privileges
to that view.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran