Обсуждение: permission rejected

permission rejected

От
"paul butler"
Дата:
Dear list,
On trying this:

mfx=# GRANT SELECT ON employee(eid,forename,rights) TO
GROUP accessor;

I got this

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "("
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "("
mfx=# select version();
                           version
 PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i686-pc-cygwin, compiled by GCC 2.95.3-5

It looks to be right as far as the sql handbook goes and Bruce
Momijan's book, is this a version thing or have I misunderstood?

TIA

Paul Butler

Re: permission rejected

От
"A.Bhuvaneswaran"
Дата:
> mfx=# GRANT SELECT ON employee(eid,forename,rights) TO
> GROUP accessor;

Currently, to grant privileges to only few columns, you must create a view
having the desired columns and then grant privileges to that view.

# create view employee_view as select eid, forename, rights from employee;
# grant select on employee_view to group accessor;

regards,
bhuvaneswaran

Re: permission rejected

От
"paul butler"
This limitation is not clear from anything in the docs and a view
doesn't really solve this problem. But its no big problem.
Cheers
Paul Butler
> > mfx=# GRANT SELECT ON employee(eid,forename,rights) TO
> > GROUP accessor;
>
> Currently, to grant privileges to only few columns, you must create a view
> having the desired columns and then grant privileges to that view.
>
> # create view employee_view as select eid, forename, rights from employee;
> # grant select on employee_view to group accessor;
>
> regards,
> bhuvaneswaran

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: permission rejected