Обсуждение: Wrapping text

Wrapping text

От
Wim
Дата:
Hey guys!

I try to store multiple lines in a text field of my database ( a sample
f a logfile).
How do I do this? Now I can only write everything on one line...

Thanx!

Wim

Re: Wrapping text

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Wim,

> I try to store multiple lines in a text field of my database ( a sample
> f a logfile).
> How do I do this? Now I can only write everything on one line...

A postgres text field will accept line breaks with no problem:

INSERT INTO some_table ( id, name, comments )
VALUES ( 5, 'Truth', 'Truth needs no favor for her sword
Upon the field with Error
Nor are her converts ever made
By threat of harm or terror' );

However, depending on what tool/langauge you are using to interface with
postgresql, this may be more or less difficult.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions