Обсуждение: psql: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication failed for user "phpuser"

psql: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication failed for user "phpuser"

От
"Joel Lopez"
Дата:
Hi,

These are the commands I entered:

    su postgres
    createuser phpuser
        allowed to create DB: y
        allowed to create users: y
            (saw CREATE USER)
    createdb phpdb
            (saw CREATE DATABASE)

    psql phpdb -U phpuser
            (saw psql: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication failed for user "phpuser")

Is there a step I'm missing or am I entering the commands wrong?

thanks

Re: psql: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication failed for user "phpuser"

От
"Joel Lopez"
Дата:
I also don't know if my system is configuered correctly.  I ultimatly want
to be able to use PHP and PostgreSQL.  I did a full install of Red Hat 8
with PHP and PostgreSQL included.

I've been reading a lot of lists and web sites and 3 different places tell
me to modify these files:

    pg_hba.conf
    postmaster.opts
    postgresql.conf

Should these be modified?

thanks

            (saw psql: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication failed for user "phpuser")

Is there a step I'm missing or am I entering the commands wrong?

thanks

Re: psql: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication failed for user

От
Andrew McMillan
Дата:
On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 07:06, Joel Lopez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> These are the commands I entered:
>
>     su postgres
>     createuser phpuser
>         allowed to create DB: y
>         allowed to create users: y
>             (saw CREATE USER)
>     createdb phpdb
>             (saw CREATE DATABASE)
>
>     psql phpdb -U phpuser
>             (saw psql: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication failed for user "phpuser")
>
> Is there a step I'm missing or am I entering the commands wrong?

You need to "trust" local users in pg_hba.conf.

Cheers,
                    Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/         PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201     MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
           Survey for nothing with http://survey.net.nz/

User Problem In PostgreSQL On Mac OS X

От
Robert Prather
Дата:
This will likely sound stupid, but I installed PostgreSQL on my Mac a
few weeks ago and got diverted.  I tried to return to it and discovered
that I had created a user called "postgre", which is the primary user.
The user appears in the user list in the System Requirements panel but
can't be edited, at least not by me.

Now for the stupid part: I forgot the password for that user.  I
installed it using FINK and everything went well as I recall.  Do I
need to uninstall the software?  If so, is there an easy way to do
this?  Or can I somehow retrieve the password for user postgre?

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert Prather