Обсуждение: problem trying to install pgaccess

problem trying to install pgaccess

От
Pam Wampler
Дата:
I am getting this error when I try to install pgaccess on the make all   --
any help is appreciated

/usr/local/share/postgresql/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.98.8 # make all
chmod a+x pgaccess.tcl
mkdir /usr/lib/pgaccess
cp -R * /usr/lib/pgaccess
ln -s /usr/lib/pgaccess/pgaccess.tcl /usr/bin/X11/pgaccess
ln: /usr/bin/X11/pgaccess: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/share/postgresql/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.98.8.

Problem connecting to postgres

От
"Graham Bartlett"
Дата:
After installing Postgres I tried to make a connection to the DB. I made
sure to use the '-i' to enable JDBC connection. I'm receiving the
following error:

"No pg_hba.conf entry for host 10.1.1.79, user gpms, database gpms"

I have created the gpms user and gpms database. I can connect to the
database only when I add:

host   all       10.1.1.79        255.255.255.255   trust

to the pg_hba.conf file.

I never had to do this before. I simply want to enable all IPs to
connect to the database without specifying every one of those IPs in the
pg_hba.conf file. How do I do this?

Thanks!

Re: Problem connecting to postgres

От
Wim
Дата:
Hi Graham,

Just try:

host   all       10.1.0.0        255.255.0.0  trust

Cheers!

Wim

Graham Bartlett wrote:

>After installing Postgres I tried to make a connection to the DB. I made
>sure to use the '-i' to enable JDBC connection. I'm receiving the
>following error:
>
>"No pg_hba.conf entry for host 10.1.1.79, user gpms, database gpms"
>
>I have created the gpms user and gpms database. I can connect to the
>database only when I add:
>
>host   all       10.1.1.79        255.255.255.255   trust
>
>to the pg_hba.conf file.
>
>I never had to do this before. I simply want to enable all IPs to
>connect to the database without specifying every one of those IPs in the
>pg_hba.conf file. How do I do this?
>
>Thanks!

>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Re: problem trying to install pgaccess

От
"Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print"

Pam Wampler wrote:
> I am getting this error when I try to install pgaccess on the make
> all   -- any help is appreciated
>
> /usr/local/share/postgresql/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.98.8 # make all chmod
> a+x pgaccess.tcl mkdir /usr/lib/pgaccess
> cp -R * /usr/lib/pgaccess
> ln -s /usr/lib/pgaccess/pgaccess.tcl /usr/bin/X11/pgaccess
> ln: /usr/bin/X11/pgaccess: No such file or directory *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/local/share/postgresql/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.98.8.

A bit of a shot in the dark but does the user you are doing this as have permissions to write in /usr/bin/X11 ?
hth,
- Stuart