Обсуждение: Security, IP and username restrictions

Security, IP and username restrictions

От
"Tuomas Vanhanen"
Дата:
Hi,

I´m very new to Postgres and I need some help with following:

Is it possible to restrict user rights by using both username and password
and IP address.

I have a situation where same user accessing the database from different
locations (IP addresses) must have different user rights. This means, that
same user in different locations would see different ammount of data. I know
I can build this easily to the web based front-end, but I´d like to make the
restriction in Postgres too.

thanks!

-Tuomas

Re: Security, IP and username restrictions

От
"Derek Barrett"
Дата:
pg_hba.conf can restrict specific IP's to particular databases.

I don't know if it goes down to the table level though.