Обсуждение:

Jeffrey Trueblood
Дата:
Hello,
I have installed PostgreSQL on Linux SUSE 8.0.
PGSQL is working great,
however, when I try to 'make' any of the software in the ./contrib directory
I get errors similar to this:

************************************
../../contrib/contrib-global.mk:66: ../../src/Makefile.shlib: No such file
or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `../../src/Makefile.shlib'.  Stop.
************************************

It seems that the references to directories in Makefile.global are not
pointing to the right place (i.e. they are pointing to non existent
directories).
I tried to rerun the ./configure script from the PostgreSQL install
directory to recreate the Makefile.global, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Re:

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Jeff,

> It seems that the references to directories in Makefile.global are not
> pointing to the right place (i.e. they are pointing to non existent
> directories).
> I tried to rerun the ./configure script from the PostgreSQL install
> directory to recreate the Makefile.global, but to no avail.

I've installed Postgres 7.2.1 on 3 SuSE 8.0 systems, including contrib
software like FUZZYMATCH and FTS.  I've never had a problem.  I;ve a feeling
that you did something wonky when you unpacked/set up your Postgres source,
or that you are trying a contrib item that needs additional configuration
before make.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re:

От
"Josh Berkus"
Дата:
Jeffery,

> Thanks for the reply!
> One quick question:
> Did you use Yast2 to install PostgreSQL or did you download and
> compile it
> manually?

Manually.   The SuSE RPM is reccommended if a) you don't need the
latest version, and b) you don't need any non-standard compile options
or stuff from the /contrib directory.   Otherwise, downlaod the .tar.gz
and install from scratch.

While the main Postgres build doesn't require any sources other than
GCC, many things in the /contrib directory require additional sources,
which you may install from the SuSE disks ("SRPMS").

-Josh

Josh Berkus