Обсуждение: update multiple columns

update multiple columns

От
"Juliet May"
Дата:
I am almost 100% positive that I have been able to set multiple columns while doing an update statement but for the life of me I can't remember exactly how I did it. I tried using parenthesis, comas, and "and" but none of it worked. Have I lost my mind. If not, can anyone see my mistake?

My code is below. TIA

Julie

update growernet_user
set email='madegn@hotmail.com'
set username='adegn'
where
user_id=696

Re: update multiple columns

От
Oliver Kohll
Дата:
UPDATE growernet_user
SET email='madegn@hotmail.com', username='adegn'
WHERE user_id='696'

?

Oliver

> I am almost 100% positive that I have been able to set multiple columns
> while doing an update statement but for the life of me I can't remember
> exactly how I did it. I tried using parenthesis, comas, and "and" but none
> of it worked. Have I lost my mind. If not, can anyone see my mistake?
>
> My code is below. TIA
>
> Julie
>

> update growernet_user
> set email='madegn@hotmail.com'
> set username='adegn'
> where
> user_id=696

Re: update multiple columns

От
"Juliet May"
Дата:
The comma gives me a parse error at or near "username". Without the comma I
get a parse error at or near "set".

Any other suggestions?

> I am almost 100% positive that I have been able to set multiple columns
> while doing an update statement but for the life of me I can't remember
> exactly how I did it. I tried using parenthesis, comas, and "and" but none
> of it worked. Have I lost my mind. If not, can anyone see my mistake?
>
> My code is below. TIA
>
> Julie
>

> update growernet_user
> set email='madegn@hotmail.com'
> set username='adegn'
> where
> user_id=696

Re: update multiple columns

От
"Michael Paesold"
Дата:
"Juliet May" <jmay@speark.com> wrote:

> The comma gives me a parse error at or near "username". Without the comma
> get a parse error at or near "set".
>
> Any other suggestions?

Did you try this exact query?

update growernet_user set email='madegn@hotmail.com', username='adegn' where
user_id=696;

only one "set"? only one comma between the two field=value pairs?

Michael

Re: update multiple columns

От
"Juliet May"
Дата:
Duh!! My stupid! End of the day error I guess. Thanks for the help. I
shoulda known better :)
Julie