Обсуждение: [OT?] How to generate a certificate?

[OT?] How to generate a certificate?

От
thiemo
Дата:
Hi,

I try to set up PG7.2.1 (compiled it myself) with openssl support. I
configured it but trying to start I get the message

"/opt/pgsql/bin/postmaster: failed to load server certificate
(/var/lib/pgsql/server.crt): No such file or directory"

Then I copied the one I found with apache but it stays similar

"/opt/pgsql/bin/postmaster: failed to load server certificate
(/var/lib/pgsql/server.crt): no start line"

In fact, the file is completly empty so I am wondering how I could
generate a suitable certificate.

Thx

Thiemo

--

Thiemo Kellner

Tösstalstrasse 146

CH-8400 Winterthur

</fontfamily>Hi,

I try to set up PG7.2.1 (compiled it myself) with openssl support. I
configured it but trying to start I get the message

"/opt/pgsql/bin/postmaster: failed to load server certificate
(/var/lib/pgsql/server.crt): No such file or directory"

Then I copied the one I found with apache but it stays similar

"/opt/pgsql/bin/postmaster: failed to load server certificate
(/var/lib/pgsql/server.crt): no start line"

In fact, the file is completly empty so I am wondering how I could
generate a suitable certificate.

Thx

Thiemo

--
Thiemo Kellner
Tösstalstrasse 146
CH-8400 Winterthur

Re: [OT?] How to generate a certificate?

От
"Joshua b. Jore"
Дата:

Re: [OT?] How to generate a certificate?

От
Helge Bahmann
Дата:
Hi,

The fast way:

  openssl genrsa -out server.key
  openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.crt

You can find more detailed instructions and explanations of the above in
the Apache-SSL-HOWTO, e.g. at

  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SSL-RedHat-HOWTO-3.html

Regards
--