Обсуждение: Installing tsearch

Installing tsearch

От
Jon Hassen
Дата:
I am having trouble getting the contrib/tsearch module loaded. It is giving
me an error that says I do not have 'flex' installed. I installed flex-2.5.4
and I still get this same message:

ERROR: `flex' is missing on your system. It is needed to create the
file `parser.c'. You can either get flex from a GNU mirror site
or download an official distribution of PostgreSQL, which contains
pre-packaged flex output.
***
gmake: *** [parser.c] Error 1

Help!! Does anyone have any ideas for me to try? Also, if anyone has any
experience with large text searches, I'd appreciate input on what has/has
not worked for you. It is a database of news articles.

Thank you very much,

Jon Hassen

Re: Installing tsearch

Дата:
Jon Hassen <jhassen@azstarnet.com> writes:
> I am having trouble getting the contrib/tsearch module loaded. It is giving
> me an error that says I do not have 'flex' installed. I installed flex-2.5.4
> and I still get this same message:

> ERROR: `flex' is missing on your system.

Did you rerun configure after installing flex?

If so, is flex in your PATH?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Installing tsearch

От
Jon Hassen
Дата:
Hi Tom,

No, I didn't. Which configure? For postgresql? or for flex? tsearch does
not have a configure that I can find.

I sure wish I had more directions than:
gmake
gmake install

It is quite frustrating. Would you help? Please? This sounds like just what
I need, but I can't get it going.

Jon Hassen

At 8:53 PM -0500 3/11/02, Tom Lane wrote:
>Jon Hassen <jhassen@azstarnet.com> writes:
>> I am having trouble getting the contrib/tsearch module loaded. It is giving
>> me an error that says I do not have 'flex' installed. I installed flex-2.5.4
>> and I still get this same message:
>
>> ERROR: `flex' is missing on your system.
>
>Did you rerun configure after installing flex?
>
>If so, is flex in your PATH?
>
>            regards, tom lane

Re: Installing tsearch

Дата:
Jon Hassen <jhassen@azstarnet.com> writes:
> No, I didn't. Which configure? For postgresql? or for flex? tsearch does
> not have a configure that I can find.

Postgres' top-level configure was what I meant.  All the contrib modules
rely on that.

> I sure wish I had more directions than:
> gmake
> gmake install

Uh, how about

    cd ...top level directory of Postgres source tree...
    ./configure
    cd contrib/tsearch
    gmake
    gmake install

This assumes that tsearch doesn't expect to be built in a tree that has
the main PG software already built; which is a case I've never tried
myself.  If it doesn't seem to work, try a gmake at the top level before
gmake in contrib/tsearch.

            regards, tom lane