Обсуждение: length(columnname), solved

length(columnname), solved

От
Andreas Fitzner
Дата:
Hi,

I discovered src/include/postgres_ext.h, with the definition of NAMEDATALEN.
problem solved.

thanks,
 Andreas

Re: length(columnname), solved

От
"Christopher"
Дата:
I am a novice so maybe this is not the right response, but couldn't you
have also quoted your table name?  Recompiling the source code seems
like a dangerous way to go - i.e. what happens when the database is
moved to a different system?  What if you don't have permission to
rebuild Postgres?

create table
"ThisIsAReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReal
lyReallyLongTableName" (test int);

I also noticed that you are using capitals in your name and I know you
would have to quote for that reason (at least in the version of Postgres
that I'm using)

- Christopher

I discovered src/include/postgres_ext.h, with the definition of
NAMEDATALEN.
problem solved.

thanks,
 Andreas

Re: length(columnname), solved

От
Andreas Fitzner
Дата:
Hi Christopher,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 07:31:49AM -0500, Christopher wrote:
> I am a novice so maybe this is not the right response, but couldn't you
> have also quoted your table name?
this wouldn't save me against the truncation to 31 characters!

> create table
> "ThisIsAReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReallyReal
> lyReallyLongTableName" (test int);
>
> I also noticed that you are using capitals in your name and I know you
> would have to quote for that reason (at least in the version of Postgres
> that I'm using)
you're right.

> Recompiling the source code seems
> like a dangerous way to go - i.e. what happens when the database is
> moved to a different system?  What if you don't have permission to
> rebuild Postgres?
yes, you're right. recompiling has serveral drawbacks.
anyhow, it works for now, and i can have my reallyreallylongtablenames. :-)

best wishes,
 Andreas

PL/PGSQL

От
Burra
Дата:
Is there any way to pass messages containing a payload between two
PL/PGSQL stored procedures? (aka DBMS_PIPE in Oracle)