Обсуждение: Question re how to secure a postgresql 7.1 installation.

Question re how to secure a postgresql 7.1 installation.

От
"Eric Naujock "
Дата:
I am looking for a way I can make an individual user or group of users be able to have free reign over a specific
databasein the postgresql system but not be able to see or modify any other of the databases installed on the system.

Does anyone have any docs on how one would go about doing this. I have already found the ability to control access by
machinebut I have not as yet found one for users and databases.

I know you can use the grant function to give users rights to certain tables but I am looking to give the user rights
tothe full database but only to that one database.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Naujock  CCNA, CCDA, A+, Network +, I-Net +
Abacus II
5610 Monroe St.
Sylvania, Ohio 43560
<http://www.abacusii.com>
E-mail - naujocke@abacusii.com
Phone - 419-885-0082  X 241
Fax : 419-885-2717
AOL IM: erlic

Вложения

Does Postgres always automatically rollback transactions when an SQL command fails?

От
Ryan Ho
Дата:
In a transaction, should any of the sql statements fail to execute, does Postgres rollback all the previous statements?

To my best knowledge, it should but I have observed that on some occasions, half my transaction can get committed,
whilethe other half is unsuccessful.

Do I need check for failed transactions and enforce a rollback in my code or is it done by the backend automatically?

Thanks in advance
Ryan

Does Postgres rollback transactions on all errors?

От
Ryan Ho
Дата:
In a transaction, should any of the sql statements fail to execute, does Postgres rollback all the previous statements?

To my best knowledge, it should but I have observed that on some occasions, half my transaction can get committed,
whilethe other half is unsuccessful.

Do I need check for failed transactions and enforce a rollback in my code or is it done by the backend automatically?

Thanks in advance
Ryan

Re: Does Postgres rollback transactions on all errors?

Дата:
Ryan Ho <ryanho@cyberronins.com> writes:
> In a transaction, should any of the sql statements fail to execute, does Postgres rollback all the previous
statements?

Yes.

> To my best knowledge, it should but I have observed that on some occasions, half my transaction can get committed,
whilethe other half is unsuccessful.

Hard to believe.  Can you provide some evidence?

            regards, tom lane