Обсуждение: Re: [Re: UPDATING and DELETING sub-classes ]

Re: [Re: UPDATING and DELETING sub-classes ]

От
Ami Ganguli
Дата:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
[...]
> It sounds like you are reading the documentation on the website.

Yup.

> Unfortunately those pages are a snapshot of docs for current development
> sources, not the prior release.  It happens that this is an area Chris
> Bitmead has been changing recently --- 7.0.* and prior versions do NOT
> behave that way.  AFAIK, delete/update don't work on subclasses at all
> in 7.0.*.  The docs used to claim that "DELETE FROM parent*", etc,
> was the way to do it, but that never worked.  You'll have to wait for
> 7.1 (or try current snapshot if you're brave).  Sorry.

It depends on when 7.1 is likely to be released (or at least reasonably
stable).  I can live with some problems for the next three months, but then I
need it to be stable as I move to production.

Is there an ETA for 7.1?

Thanks,
Ami.

Re: [Re: UPDATING and DELETING sub-classes ]

Дата:
Ami Ganguli <ami@ganguli.com> writes:
> Is there an ETA for 7.1?

September or October or thereabouts ... see recent comments on
other mailing lists.  We're trying to keep this release cycle
fairly short.

            regards, tom lane

how do I process data with a perl/cgi script & deliver result back to user via php

От
Antony Stace
Дата:
Hi Folks

I have a page with a form which a user fills out.  I need the contents
of this form to be processed by a perl cgi script and finally the
results delivered back to the users browser via php, how do I do this?

Cheers

Tony

Re: how do I process data with a perl/cgi script & deliver result back to user via php

От
Alessandro Vullo
Дата:
Antony Stace wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> I have a page with a form which a user fills out.  I need the contents
> of this form to be processed by a perl cgi script and finally the
> results delivered back to the users browser via php, how do I do this?

One solution could be to store the data in a file.
You redirect (via Perl, check LWP::Simple) the
browser to a php script that parse that file.

Alessandro