Обсуждение: Version 1202 released

Version 1202 released

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I'd like to thank all the contributors to this release. There were quite a few and this is probably the most significant release in some time.

Most notably we now have statement caching.

Thanks everyone! Please download and test

Dave Cramer

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Vladimir Sitnikov
Дата:
Great news.

Dave,
1) Can you please fix changelog page?

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/changelog.html#version_9.4-1202
leads to absent header.
In the document body "Version 9.4-1201 (2015-02-25)" is repeated twice
(it looks like a copy&paste error).

2) Can you please re-release documentation? (I do not find description
of new preparedStatementCacheQueries in
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/94/connect.html#connection-parameters)

In the mean time, I've created an issue for
https://github.com/brettwooldridge/HikariCP/issues/397 so HikariCP
refrain from blaming pgjdbc for not having statement caching.

Vladimir

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Vladimir,

Thanks for reading this, and checking my work. BTW. I have to find an easier way to do this. It took me the better part of a day to release.

And yes, thanks for hitting up HikariCP! It was on my todo

Dave Cramer

In the document body "Version 9.4-1201 (2015-02-25)" is repeated twice
(it looks like a copy&paste error).

2) Can you please re-release documentation? (I do not find description
of new preparedStatementCacheQueries in
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/94/connect.html#connection-parameters)

In the mean time, I've created an issue for
https://github.com/brettwooldridge/HikariCP/issues/397 so HikariCP
refrain from blaming pgjdbc for not having statement caching.

Vladimir

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Vladimir Sitnikov
Дата:
> Thanks for reading this, and checking my work. BTW. I have to find an easier way to do this. It took me the better
partof a day to release

More findings: items in changelog do not use icons, PR #XX do not use links.

What actual format do you use to insert data into changelog page? html? wiki?
I think release_notes.sh script can be adapted to automatically print
proper links to github and icons.
I just need to know the desired format.

Vladimir

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Yes, I had to do that manually, so in the interest of getting it release I punted.

Lets drop the icon's they don't seem useful.

If you can modify the script to deal with PR's and Issues that would be fine. Also for the release notes Jekyll needs *<space> to denote a list item starting in the first column

Thanks so much for this. Everything that makes it easier for me to release is very much appreciated.

Dave

Dave Cramer

On 28 August 2015 at 09:32, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reading this, and checking my work. BTW. I have to find an easier way to do this. It took me the better part of a day to release

More findings: items in changelog do not use icons, PR #XX do not use links.

What actual format do you use to insert data into changelog page? html? wiki?
I think release_notes.sh script can be adapted to automatically print
proper links to github and icons.
I just need to know the desired format.

Vladimir

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Vladimir Sitnikov
Дата:
>Also for the release notes Jekyll needs *<space> to denote a list item starting in the first column

Can you please share the Jekyll source of the changelog page?

Vladimir

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
It's on the www page https://github.com/pgjdbc/www/blob/master/documentation/changelog.md Which apparently github understands ...

Dave Cramer

On 28 August 2015 at 09:38, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
>Also for the release notes Jekyll needs *<space> to denote a list item starting in the first column

Can you please share the Jekyll source of the changelog page?

Vladimir

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Vladimir.

I guess my message about the docs being deprecated was missed. I have updated the site with the cache parameters

I expect there will be other things missing though.

Dave

Dave Cramer

On 28 August 2015 at 09:45, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
It's on the www page https://github.com/pgjdbc/www/blob/master/documentation/changelog.md Which apparently github understands ...

Dave Cramer

On 28 August 2015 at 09:38, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
>Also for the release notes Jekyll needs *<space> to denote a list item starting in the first column

Can you please share the Jekyll source of the changelog page?

Vladimir

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Sehrope Sarkuni
Дата:
Nice work all. Awesome release.

Dave- I noticed that the contributor links to email addresses in the changelog aren't displayed probably. I think markdown is supposed to automatically convert foo@bar.baz to a mailto: link but I guess it's not doing that. They're showing up as relative links (which obviously don't make sense). You'll probably need to manually set them as individual "mailto:..." links. FYi, this is just for the people who have emails listed there, the GitHub profile links are fine.

Regards,
-- Sehrope Sarkuni
Founder & CEO | JackDB, Inc. | https://www.jackdb.com/

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
Dave Cramer wrote:
> I expect there will be other things missing though.

What I am missing is an explanation for the new "JDBC 42" column on the download page.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I did some fixes to this last night. Any more comments?

Dave Cramer

On 29 August 2015 at 15:10, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Dave Cramer wrote:
> I expect there will be other things missing though.

What I am missing is an explanation for the new "JDBC 42" column on the download page.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Version 1202 released

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
Dave Cramer wrote:
>> What I am missing is an explanation for the new "JDBC 42" column on the download page.

> I did some fixes to this last night. Any more comments?

Thanks for the fix.

One more thing:
On the "documentation" page, the links for postgresql-jdbc-93-doc.tar.gz
and postgresql-jdbc-92-doc.tar.gz give a 404 error.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe