Обсуждение: Howto use "COPY FROM" with the native API?

Howto use "COPY FROM" with the native API?

От
Clemens Eisserer
Дата:
Hi,

We are working on an university project for network traffic accounting.
We use ulogd-2 to log netfilter packets, however it creates for each
packet a seperate transaction and also doesn't use prepared
statements, which results in horrible performance.

What we are looking for is a low-overhead way of inserting many rows
(100-1000) into a table at once in one transaction.
Is "COPY FROM STDIN"  a good idea in this case?

If so, are there some examples how to use "COPY FROM STDIN" with the
native C API?
I found some documentation, however as I am no C native some sample
code would really help.

Thank you in advance, Clemens

Re: Howto use "COPY FROM" with the native API?

От
Kris Jurka

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> If so, are there some examples how to use "COPY FROM STDIN" with the
> native C API?

This mailing list is for the JDBC Driver and API, not libpq, so I'd
suggest you try pgsql-general instead.

Kris Jurka

Re: Howto use "COPY FROM" with the native API?

От
Clemens Eisserer
Дата:
Hi Kris,

> This mailing list is for the JDBC Driver and API, not libpq, so I'd suggest
> you try pgsql-general instead.

Sorry, I sent it to jdbc by accident. Already got helpful responses at
pgsql-general =)

- Clemens