Обсуждение: 9.0 and pg_stat_activity.application_name

9.0 and pg_stat_activity.application_name

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Hi,

will there be a way in the upcoming 9.0 driver to set the new application_name property for pg_stat_activity?

If yes, how will this work?

Regards
Thomas

Re: 9.0 and pg_stat_activity.application_name

От
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> will there be a way in the upcoming 9.0 driver to set the new
> application_name property for pg_stat_activity?

Not as of yet, but it hasn't been finalized either.  For the moment it
must be SET like any other GUC option.

> If yes, how will this work?

When implemented I imagine that it will be able to be set at connection
start via a URL or datasource parameter and then at runtime by
Connection.setClientInfo("ApplicationName", "My App").

Kris Jurka

Re: 9.0 and pg_stat_activity.application_name

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Kris Jurka, 02.07.2010 03:15:
>> will there be a way in the upcoming 9.0 driver to set the new
>> application_name property for pg_stat_activity?
>
> Not as of yet, but it hasn't been finalized either. For the moment it
> must be SET like any other GUC option.
>
>> If yes, how will this work?
>>
> When implemented I imagine that it will be able to be set at connection
> start via a URL or datasource parameter and then at runtime by
> Connection.setClientInfo("ApplicationName", "My App").

OK, thanks for the feedback.

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>
>> will there be a way in the upcoming 9.0 driver to set the new
>> application_name property for pg_stat_activity?
>
> When implemented I imagine that it will be able to be set at connection start
> via a URL or datasource parameter and then at runtime by
> Connection.setClientInfo("ApplicationName", "My App").

I have implemented this.  You can now set application_name on connection
startup with an ApplicationName URL parameter and it can be set
dynamically with Connection.setClientInfo.

Kris Jurka

Re: 9.0 and pg_stat_activity.application_name

От
akbarstatx
Дата:
can you provide an example of the URL connection parameter needed to set the
application name?  I have tried both ?ApplicaitonName=webapp and
?application_name=webapp but neither seems to working.