Обсуждение: 8.3 driver status

8.3 driver status

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

8.3.0 is about to be released. When will 8.3 JDBC driver go stable? I'd
like to include the final version in the RPMs.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: 8.3 driver status

От
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Devrim G�ND�Z wrote:

> 8.3.0 is about to be released. When will 8.3 JDBC driver go stable? I'd
> like to include the final version in the RPMs.

Good question.  I don't think there are any outstanding patches that are
going to make it into 8.3, so I could release tomorrow night as long as
Dave is OK with that.

Dave, I know you wanted to backpatch the batch callable statment stuff,
but if we release a stable 8.3 driver, is it OK to just tell people to use
that?  If not, when will that be ready?  I'd like to give the packagers as
much time as possible to get the JDBC driver updated.

Kris Jurka

Re: 8.3 driver status

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Ok, backpatched.

And yes we could have told them to use 8.3, but some people are very
strict in their use of versions

Dave

On 30-Jan-08, at 3:33 AM, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>
>> 8.3.0 is about to be released. When will 8.3 JDBC driver go stable?
>> I'd
>> like to include the final version in the RPMs.
>>

> Good question.  I don't think there are any outstanding patches that
> are going to make it into 8.3, so I could release tomorrow night as
> long as Dave is OK with that.
>
> Dave, I know you wanted to backpatch the batch callable statment
> stuff, but if we release a stable 8.3 driver, is it OK to just tell
> people to use that?  If not, when will that be ready?  I'd like to
> give the packagers as much time as possible to get the JDBC driver
> updated.
>
> Kris Jurka

Re: 8.3 driver status

От
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Devrim G�ND�Z wrote:
>
>> 8.3.0 is about to be released. When will 8.3 JDBC driver go stable? I'd
>> like to include the final version in the RPMs.
>>

> Good question.  I don't think there are any outstanding patches that are
> going to make it into 8.3, so I could release tomorrow night as long as Dave
> is OK with that.

OK, the 8.3 driver is out.

Kris Jurka