Обсуждение: which jdbc jar files to use?

which jdbc jar files to use?

От
"Jack Yu"

Hi All,

I’m trying to use the jdbc jar file from PGSQL, but I found two of them,

1)       postgresql-8.2-505.jdbc3.jar

2)       postgresql-8.2-505.jdbc4.jar

I have java sdk 1.6 now, which one should I use?

Thanks.

Re: which jdbc jar files to use?

От
Mark Lewis
Дата:
You can use either.  For new projects, you should probably use jdbc4
because it might implement more functionality.

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 11:36 -0400, Jack Yu wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I’m trying to use the jdbc jar file from PGSQL, but I found two of
> them,
>
> 1)       postgresql-8.2-505.jdbc3.jar
>
> 2)       postgresql-8.2-505.jdbc4.jar
>

> I have java sdk 1.6 now, which one should I use?
>

> Thanks.

ODMG4 jar file does not exisit

От
"Jack Yu"
Дата:
Hi All,

I'm following a tutorial from hibernate.org,

It told me to copy the 0DMG4 jar file to my webapps,

But I can't find any file with the filename ODMG4.

Thanks,

Jack

Re: ODMG4 jar file does not exisit

От
Jeff Hubbach
Дата:
That's a Hibernate jar file, odmg.jar. It should be in
${HIBERNATE_HOME}/lib. Make sure you downloaded Hibernate 2.1, as that's the
version referenced in the quickstart I'm assuming you're using.
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html/quickstart.html

If you generate the docs from the Hibernate 3 source, it has an updated
quickstart guide that uses Hibernate 3 instead. That updated documentation
hasn't made it to the website yet.

-- Jeff.