Обсуждение: Need help in PGSQL

Need help in PGSQL

От
sbaskar
Дата:
Hi,
 I am doing a project in Database Monitoring tool. I am planning to add
pgsql also. So i need the table details, where i can get details like
Request Rate, Bytes Received Rate, Bytes Send Rate, Open Connections,
Aborted Connections, Aborted Clients, Threads Used, Threads in Cache,
Thread Cache Size, Database Details, Immediate Locks, Locks Wait, Key
Hitrate, Key Buffer Used, Key Buffer Size, Key Buffer Size, Key Buffer
Size, Key Buffer Size, Total Memory, SQL Cache Memory, Lock Memory,
Buffer Hit Ratio, Active Connections, Logins/Min, Cache Used/Min, Latch
Details, Agents Statistics , Transaction Statistics,.
 Also i am not able to connect to the database through JDBC. It says
some error like Permission denied. What i need to do to get rid of this.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Looking for positive and
quick response from you.

Thanks in Advance,
Baskar.S

Re: Need help in PGSQL

От
"Andres Olarte"
Дата:
The full error would be useful to see what the problem is, but it
sounds like you need to configure pg_hba.conf (server configuration,
nothing to do with JDBC).

As for pgsql, you should better join the pgsql list, even though I
think some built in functions might give you some of the info you need
(read the documentation).

On 12/25/06, sbaskar <sbaskar@adventnet.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am doing a project in Database Monitoring tool. I am planning to add
> pgsql also. So i need the table details, where i can get details like
> Request Rate, Bytes Received Rate, Bytes Send Rate, Open Connections,
> Aborted Connections, Aborted Clients, Threads Used, Threads in Cache,
> Thread Cache Size, Database Details, Immediate Locks, Locks Wait, Key
> Hitrate, Key Buffer Used, Key Buffer Size, Key Buffer Size, Key Buffer
> Size, Key Buffer Size, Total Memory, SQL Cache Memory, Lock Memory,
> Buffer Hit Ratio, Active Connections, Logins/Min, Cache Used/Min, Latch
> Details, Agents Statistics , Transaction Statistics,.
>  Also i am not able to connect to the database through JDBC. It says
> some error like Permission denied. What i need to do to get rid of this.
>
> Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Looking for positive and
> quick response from you.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Baskar.S

Re: Need help in PGSQL

От
Guy Rouillier
sbaskar wrote:
> Also i am not able to connect to the database through JDBC. It says some
> error like Permission denied. What i need to do to get rid of this.

Well, if you'd like someone to take the time to try to help you, you
really should take the time to explain the problem more clearly.  Show
the code you are using to attempt to connect, and show the error you are
receiving.

> Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Looking for positive and
> quick response from you.

Remember that everyone here communicates on a volunteer basis.  No one
is paid to answer questions here.  So you'll get replies as soon as you
explain the problem clearly and as soon as some volunteer gets a break
from his or her day job and can read messages on this list.

Have a nice day.

--
Guy Rouillier

Re: Need help in PGSQL

От
sbaskar
Дата:
Hi,
 I read the pgsql documentation, but couldn't find that much details.
Can you please let me know, how to join pgsql list.

Thanks,
Baskar.S