Обсуждение: compress a resultset

compress a resultset

От
Andreas Reichel
Дата:
good morning,

from a database with stock related data i query large resultsets. The
database performes well, but the transfer over the dial-up connection is
very slow.

Now i'd like to ask, if there is any solution to compress the resultset
on the server and decompress it after the transfer then. Perhaps there
is something like

props.setProperty("data compression","true");

or

props.setProperty("compress","true");

Thank you very much in advance for any hint. Best regards
Andreas

Re: compress a resultset

От
Roland Walter