Обсуждение: Invalid column display size. Cannot be less than zero

Invalid column display size. Cannot be less than zero

От
"alan"
Дата:
Hi all!

I'm using postgresql-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar.

The following code:
CachedRowSet cachedRowSet = new CachedRowSetImpl();
cachedRowSet.populate(resultSet);

raise the following exception:
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column display size. Cannot be less than
zero
    at
javax.sql.rowset.RowSetMetaDataImpl.setColumnDisplaySize(RowSetMetaDataImpl.java:267)
    at
com.sun.rowset.CachedRowSetImpl.initMetaData(CachedRowSetImpl.java:702)
    at com.sun.rowset.CachedRowSetImpl.populate(CachedRowSetImpl.java:620)
    at com.mainfield.test.TestJoinRowSet.run(TestJoinRowSet.java:47)
    at com.mainfield.test.TestJoinRowSet.main(TestJoinRowSet.java:71)

Last informations available about this issue it's on this mailing list
one year ago.
Someone has news about this issue?

Many thanks!
Regards.

error code when database does not exist

От
"surabhi.ahuja"

i want to know what error code will be returned if the database does not exist.

i have the following list, howvere do not know which one shall be returned when database itself does not exits

thanks,
regards
Surabhi

Your mail has been scanned by InterScan VirusWall.
***********-***********

[...]

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Invalid column display size. Cannot be less than zero

От
"Roman Chervotkin"
Дата:
Hi alan.

I guess you should cast your db table column type from varchar/text  to varchar(n).

Roman.

[...]

Дата:

href="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/errcodes-appendix.html">http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/errcodes-appendix.html</A></DIV>
> <DIV dir=ltr> </DIV>
> <DIV dir=ltr>thanks,</DIV>
> <DIV dir=ltr>regards</DIV>
> <DIV dir=ltr>Surabhi<BR></DIV>
> <DIV dir=ltr>
> <HR tabIndex=-1>
> </DIV>
> <DIV dir=ltr><FONT face=Tahoma size=2><B>From:</B>
> pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of alan<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tue 7/25/2006
> 4:12 PM<BR><B>To:</B> pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> [JDBC]
> Invalid column display size. Cannot be less than zero<BR></FONT><BR></DIV>
> <DIV>
> <P><FONT size=2>***********************<BR>Your mail has been scanned by
> InterScan VirusWall.<BR>***********-***********<BR><BR><BR>Hi all!<BR><BR>I'm
> using postgresql-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar.<BR><BR>The following code:<BR>CachedRowSet
> cachedRowSet = new
> CachedRowSetImpl();<BR>cachedRowSet.populate(resultSet);<BR><BR>raise the
> following exception:<BR>java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column display size.
> Cannot be less than<BR>zero<BR>

at<BR>javax.sql.rowset.RowSetMetaDataImpl.setColumnDisplaySize(RowSetMetaDataImpl.java:267)<BR>

at<BR>com.sun.rowset.CachedRowSetImpl.initMetaData(CachedRowSetImpl.java:702)<BR>
> at
> com.sun.rowset.CachedRowSetImpl.populate(CachedRowSetImpl.java:620)<BR>
> at
> com.mainfield.test.TestJoinRowSet.run(TestJoinRowSet.java:47)<BR>
> at com.mainfield.test.TestJoinRowSet.main(TestJoinRowSet.java:71)<BR><BR>Last
> informations available about this issue it's on this mailing list<BR>one year
> ago.<BR>Someone has news about this issue?<BR><BR>Many
> thanks!<BR>Regards.<BR><BR><BR>---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------<BR>TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the
> postmaster<BR><BR></FONT></P></DIV>
>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6AFDD.CE284DAA--

For "surabhi.ahuja":
Please start a new thread with your question. Thanks.

Back to my problem....
Same problem also with postgresql-8.2dev-503.jdbc3.jar

Thanks.
Regards.

Re: Invalid column display size. Cannot be less than zero

От
Kris Jurka

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, alan wrote:

> I'm using postgresql-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar.
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column display size. Cannot be less than
> zero
>
> Someone has news about this issue?

A fix has been put into the 8.2-dev series.  Try that jar file.

Kris Jurka

Re: Invalid column display size. Cannot be less than zero

От
"alan"
Дата:
Kris Jurka ha scritto:

> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, alan wrote:
>
> > I'm using postgresql-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar.
> >
> > java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column display size. Cannot be less than
> > zero
> >
> > Someone has news about this issue?
> >

> A fix has been put into the 8.2-dev series.  Try that jar file.
>
> Kris Jurka

Kris,
I tried the jar postgresql-8.2dev-503.jdbc3.jar. The exception now is

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid precision value. Cannot be less than
zero
    at
javax.sql.rowset.RowSetMetaDataImpl.setPrecision(RowSetMetaDataImpl.java:354)
    at
com.sun.rowset.CachedRowSetImpl.initMetaData(CachedRowSetImpl.java:706)
    at com.sun.rowset.CachedRowSetImpl.populate(CachedRowSetImpl.java:620)
    at com.mainfield.norge.test.TestJoinRowSet.run(TestJoinRowSet.java:43)
    at
com.mainfield.norge.test.TestJoinRowSet.main(TestJoinRowSet.java:69)

Thanks,
Regards.

On Wed, 25 Jul 2006, alan wrote:

> I tried the jar postgresql-8.2dev-503.jdbc3.jar. The exception now is
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Invalid precision value. Cannot be less than
> zero
>     at
> javax.sql.rowset.RowSetMetaDataImpl.setPrecision(RowSetMetaDataImpl.java:354)

This thread here kind of trailed off without any resolution.  I'm willing
to use precision zero for text types, but I still don't have a good idea
of what to do with unadorned numeric values.  Anyone else?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-06/threads.php#00090

Kris Jurka