Обсуждение: encoding question

encoding question

От
"Gilbert, Antoine"

Hi

I have a postgresql database, the encoding of the database is SQL_ASCII

When I use the postgresql driver, I have problem retrieving special characters that display correctly in the postgres admin.

Any idea ?

Antoine

Re: encoding question

От
Kris Jurka

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Gilbert, Antoine wrote:

> I have a postgresql database, the encoding of the database is SQL_ASCII
> When I use the postgresql driver, I have problem retrieving special
> characters that display correctly in the postgres admin.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/81/your-database.html

Kris Jurka

Re: encoding question

От
Marc Herbert
Дата:
"Gilbert, Antoine" <AGilbert@korem.com> writes:

> Hi I have a postgresql database, the encoding of the database is
> SQL_ASCII When I use the postgresql driver, I have problem
> retrieving special characters

"special ASCII characters", mmmm... what is this ?

:-)

I looked for a solution to this issue some time ago and found this
"go-back-in-past" hack to change the encoding of the DB:

 <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.sequoia.general/38>

Simple tests were successful but it is provided without any warranty
of any kind; it stays a dirty hack. Anyone here knowing better?

If you don't know which charset your "special characters" are from, or
even worst if they are from different 8bit charsets, then you're just
dead. Well, at least some of these characters are.

Re: encoding question

От
Javier Yáñez
Дата:
I was this problem. The solution was to make a patch in the jdbc driver.
  You can see it in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2005-03/msg00149.php