Обсуждение: Postgres-JDBC question

Postgres-JDBC question

От
"Sean"

I am using Hibernate to connect to my PostgreSQL (btw – I love) database, and can connect my app and the db when using localhost, but when I try to connect via an ip address, it blows up telling me that the connection was refused.  I have set the postmaster to listen for TCP/IP connections, but still does not work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

   Sean

Re: Postgres-JDBC question

От
Mark Lewis
Дата:
This usually means that you have allowed TCP/IP connections in
postgresql.conf, but haven't added a rule allowing remote access in
pg_hba.conf for anything other than localhost.

A sample pg_hba.conf line to allow any host on the network to connect
using MD5 password hashes would be:

host   all    all   0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 md5

-- Mark Lewis

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 08:31 -0600, Sean wrote:
> I am using Hibernate to connect to my PostgreSQL (btw – I love)
> database, and can connect my app and the db when using localhost, but
> when I try to connect via an ip address, it blows up telling me that
> the connection was refused.  I have set the postmaster to listen for
> TCP/IP connections, but still does not work.  Any suggestions?
>

> Thanks,
>
>    Sean

Re: Postgres-JDBC question

От
Philip Yarra
Дата:
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:31 am, Sean wrote:
> and can connect my app and the db when using localhost, but when I try to
> connect via an ip address, it blows up telling me that the connection was
> refused.  I have set the postmaster to listen for TCP/IP connections, but
> still does not work.  Any suggestions?

In postgresql.conf, the default config is to listen only on localhost IP
address (probably listen_addresses will be set to default value and commented
out). Change it so that is reads:

listen_addresses = '*'

and re-start the DB.

As Mark mentioned, you may also want to review your pg_hba.conf file.

Regards, Philip.

-----------------
Utiba Pty Ltd
dangerous content by Utiba mail server and is
believed to be clean.

Re: Postgres-JDBC question

От
Guillaume Cottenceau
Дата:
Mark Lewis <mark.lewis 'at' mir3.com> writes:

> This usually means that you have allowed TCP/IP connections in
> postgresql.conf, but haven't added a rule allowing remote access in
> pg_hba.conf for anything other than localhost.

Sean - on Linux, you can check this with the following command:

[root@meuh ~] netstat -ltpn
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign Address             State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5432                0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      3310/postmaster
                    ^^^ my postgres is listening on all addresses

[...]

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25                0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      3259/master
                    ^^^ my postfix is listening on localhost only

--
Guillaume Cottenceau

Re: Postgres-JDBC question

От
"Myatluk Andrey"
Дата:
Guillaume,

On my host if I run netstat I see the following:

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5432                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      5557/postmaster

tcp        0      0 :::5432                     :::*
LISTEN      5557/postmaster

Do those mean that my database must be accessible from the outside? I
have access from localhost processes, but my attempts to connect to the
database with pgAdmin failed.

Andrey

Mark Lewis <mark.lewis 'at' mir3.com> writes:

> This usually means that you have allowed TCP/IP connections in
> postgresql.conf, but haven't added a rule allowing remote access in
> pg_hba.conf for anything other than localhost.

Sean - on Linux, you can check this with the following command:

[root@meuh ~] netstat -ltpn
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign Address
State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5432                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      3310/postmaster
                    ^^^ my postgres is listening on all addresses

[...]

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      3259/master
                    ^^^ my postfix is listening on localhost only

--
Guillaume Cottenceau

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Re: Postgres-JDBC question

Дата:
"Myatluk Andrey" <Andrey.Myatluk@bercut.ru> writes:
> On my host if I run netstat I see the following:

> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5432                0.0.0.0:*
> LISTEN      5557/postmaster

> tcp        0      0 :::5432                     :::*
> LISTEN      5557/postmaster

> Do those mean that my database must be accessible from the outside? I
> have access from localhost processes, but my attempts to connect to the
> database with pgAdmin failed.

Failed how, exactly?  The netstat output shows that the postmaster is
listening for connections from anyplace, so you have listen_addresses
set properly ... but there are at least two other levels where an
attempted connection might be blocked: kernel packet filtering, or the
contents of pg_hba.conf.  What error message are you getting *exactly*?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Postgres-JDBC question

От
Takeichi Kanzaki Cabrera
Дата:
Did you have some firewall running on your PC?
Takeichi.