Обсуждение: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The backend has broken the connection.

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The backend has broken the connection.

От
"salman.ashraf@gmail.com"
Дата:
Hi

I am quite new to postgreSQL. I just need to do a simple insert
operation on a table in PGSQL database. Now the problem I am facing is:

when I am connected to the server (on which postgresql server is up and
running) remotely with the username exactly same as that of postgres
username. I can connect to the database easily and can perform any DB
operation I want to.

But whenever I try connecting to the same DB from my Java code, I get
the exception

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The backend has broken the
connection. Possibly the action you have attempted has caused it to
close.

(thats it, no more details on the exception)

Furthermore If I try to connect to same database using some windows
client e.g EMS PG Manager, I am unable to move forward as well, 'coz
there is an error message again:

"Server closed the connection unexpectedly
     This probably means server terminated abnormally
     before or after the processing"

When I recheck by logging in to server remotely. PG server is running.

I have done a couple of steps,
I have given access previliges to my IP by modifying pg_hba.conf
I have set tcpip_connect=TRUE in postgresql.conf file

Now any pointers if you could guide me. I have tried to give every
detail of the problem

Regards
Salman

Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The backend has broken

От
Oliver Jowett
Дата:
salman.ashraf@gmail.com wrote:

> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The backend has broken the
> connection. Possibly the action you have attempted has caused it to
> close.

You should check the server-side logs for errors.

-O

Help !! Postgres on JDeveloper+ADF

От
andres@sayago.info
Дата:
Hello again.

I can't find the solution. I need to use PostgreSQL on JDeveloper using
ADF. I get an error about "check sintaxis". The problem is that ADF use
aliases for UPDATE statements, and PostgreSQL not (MySQL yes!!).

Can you help me??

Andrés Sáyago
Bogotá D.C., Colombia

Re: Help !! Postgres on JDeveloper+ADF

От
Mike Warnecke
Дата:
On Wed, 2005-21-09 at 08:50 -0600, andres@sayago.info wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> I can't find the solution. I need to use PostgreSQL on JDeveloper using
> ADF. I get an error about "check sintaxis". The problem is that ADF use
> aliases for UPDATE statements, and PostgreSQL not (MySQL yes!!).
>
> Can you help me??

As said before, you need to write a JDBC driver that will remove the
aliases from updates, and then send the rewritten query to postgresql.

--
Mike Warnecke <mike@audiowarehouse.ca>
Audio Warehouse

Вложения

Re: Help !! Postgres on JDeveloper+ADF

От
Craig Servin
Дата:
The way that I would deal with this is by implementing a JDBC driver.  I would
cheat with a java.lang.reflect.Proxy which really just passes everything to
the PostreSQL JDBC driver but parses the statements and removes the alias.

It should not be too hard.  But since this is so specific to your situation I
do not think anyone is going to do it for you.  I think that a
java.lang.reflect.Proxy is the way to go.