Обсуждение: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim Senden an das Backend

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim Senden an das Backend

От
Sven Hütten
Дата:
Hello Postgresql Friends,

i have a problem with postgresql 8.0.3. My Application use the function
getColumns of DatabaseMetaData. When i start the application the function
will go for some times, but the the function produces errors. Here my
Stacktrace. I have no idea. With SAPDB my program is ok.

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim Senden an
das Backend.
     at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:201)

     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.j
ava:389)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2St
atement.java:314)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statem
ent.java:221)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getMaxNameLength(Abstract
Jdbc2DatabaseMetaData.java:81)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getColumns(AbstractJdbc2D
atabaseMetaData.java:2382)

My code:

DatabaseMetaData metaData = connection.getMetaData();
ResultSet result = metaData.getColumns("",schema,table,"");

Has anybody a solution for my problem?

Best regards

Sven Hütten

Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim Senden an das Backend

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Hi,

Can you tell us what the program is doing when it does this?

What is it attempting to execute ?

Dave
On 15-Sep-05, at 10:12 AM, Sven Hütten wrote:

> Hello Postgresql Friends,
>
> i have a problem with postgresql 8.0.3. My Application use the
> function
> getColumns of DatabaseMetaData. When i start the application the
> function
> will go for some times, but the the function produces errors. Here my
> Stacktrace. I have no idea. With SAPDB my program is ok.
>

> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim
> Senden an
> das Backend.
>      at
> org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute
> (QueryExecutorImpl.java:201)
>
>      at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute
> (AbstractJdbc2Statement.j
> ava:389)
>      at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags
> (AbstractJdbc2St
> atement.java:314)
>      at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery
> (AbstractJdbc2Statem
> ent.java:221)
>      at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getMaxNameLength
> (Abstract
> Jdbc2DatabaseMetaData.java:81)
>      at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getColumns
> (AbstractJdbc2D
> atabaseMetaData.java:2382)

> My code:
>
> DatabaseMetaData metaData = connection.getMetaData();
> ResultSet result = metaData.getColumns("",schema,table,"");
>

> Has anybody a solution for my problem?
>
> Best regards
>
> Sven Hütten
>

> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim Senden an das Backend

От
Sven Hütten
Дата:
We build querys dynamicly (mapping) with the information of the metadatas in
our framework.

Here are the important sql-commands to insert a data row in our framework:

Statement stmt =
connection.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,ResultSet.CONCU
R_READ_ONLY);
DatabaseMetaData metaData = connection.getMetaData();
ResultSet result = metaData.getColumns("",schema,table,"");
PreparedStatement ps = dbConnection.prepareStatement(dynamicQuery);
ParameterMetaData meta = ps.getParameterMetaData();
dbConnection.executePreparedStatement(ps);
stmt.close();

Sven Hütten

Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim Senden an das Backend

Hi,

Can you tell us what the program is doing when it does this?

What is it attempting to execute ?

Dave
On 15-Sep-05, at 10:12 AM, Sven Hütten wrote:

> Hello Postgresql Friends,
>
> i have a problem with postgresql 8.0.3. My Application use the
> function getColumns of DatabaseMetaData. When i start the application
> the function will go for some times, but the the function produces
> errors. Here my Stacktrace. I have no idea. With SAPDB my program is
> ok.
>

> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim
> Senden an
> das Backend.
>      at
> org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute
> (QueryExecutorImpl.java:201)
>
>      at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute
> (AbstractJdbc2Statement.j
> ava:389)
>      at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags
> (AbstractJdbc2St
> atement.java:314)
>      at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery
> (AbstractJdbc2Statem
> ent.java:221)
>      at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getMaxNameLength
> (Abstract
> Jdbc2DatabaseMetaData.java:81)
>      at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getColumns
> (AbstractJdbc2D
> atabaseMetaData.java:2382)

> My code:
>
> DatabaseMetaData metaData = connection.getMetaData();
> ResultSet result = metaData.getColumns("",schema,table,"");
>

> Has anybody a solution for my problem?
>
> Best regards
>
> Sven Hütten
>

> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim Senden an das Backend

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Sven,

Well, seeing as your query is dynamic, we will have to rely on the
server logs
can you look through your logs and find the query that fails?

Dave
On 15-Sep-05, at 1:31 PM, Sven Hütten wrote:

> We build querys dynamicly (mapping) with the information of the
> metadatas in
> our framework.
>
> Here are the important sql-commands to insert a data row in our
> framework:
>
> Statement stmt =
> connection.createStatement
> (ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,ResultSet.CONCU
> R_READ_ONLY);
> DatabaseMetaData metaData = connection.getMetaData();
> ResultSet result = metaData.getColumns("",schema,table,"");
> PreparedStatement ps = dbConnection.prepareStatement(dynamicQuery);
> ParameterMetaData meta = ps.getParameterMetaData();
> dbConnection.executePreparedStatement(ps);
> stmt.close();
>

> Sven Hütten

Дата:
Hello Dave,

the exception is generated by  metaData.getColumns("",schema,table,"");.

Is it a problem, if i open a statement and a perparedStatement?

Best regards

Sven Hütten

Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim Senden an das Backend

Sven,

Well, seeing as your query is dynamic, we will have to rely on the server
logs can you look through your logs and find the query that fails?

Dave
On 15-Sep-05, at 1:31 PM, Sven Hütten wrote:

> We build querys dynamicly (mapping) with the information of the
> metadatas in our framework.
>
> Here are the important sql-commands to insert a data row in our
> framework:
>
> Statement stmt =
> connection.createStatement
> (ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,ResultSet.CONCU
> R_READ_ONLY);
> DatabaseMetaData metaData = connection.getMetaData(); ....
> ResultSet result = metaData.getColumns("",schema,table,"");
> PreparedStatement ps = dbConnection.prepareStatement(dynamicQuery);
> ParameterMetaData meta = ps.getParameterMetaData(); ...
> dbConnection.executePreparedStatement(ps);
> stmt.close();
>

> Sven Hütten

Oliver Jowett
Дата:
Sven Hütten wrote:

> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim Senden an
> das Backend.

Is there a nested exception also reported? This is a generic "I/O error
occurred" exception that doesn't give us much info.

-O

Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler

От
Sven Hütten
Дата:
Hello,

now, i have logged the cause of the PSQLException. Here are the stacktrace:

java.io.IOException: Stream closed
     at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.ensureOpen(StreamEncoder.java:38)
     at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(StreamEncoder.java:151)
     at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:213)
     at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.flush(PGStream.java:493)
     at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.sendSync(QueryExecutorImpl.java:631
)
     at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:174)

     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.j
ava:389)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2St
atement.java:314)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statem
ent.java:221)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getMaxNameLength(Abstract
Jdbc2DatabaseMetaData.java:81)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getColumns(AbstractJdbc2D
atabaseMetaData.java:2382)

Best regards...

Sven Hütten

> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler {0} beim
> Senden an das Backend.

Is there a nested exception also reported? This is a generic "I/O error
occurred" exception that doesn't give us much info.

-O

Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Eingabe/Ausgabe-Fehler

От
Oliver Jowett
Дата:
Sven Hütten wrote:

> now, i have logged the cause of the PSQLException. Here are the stacktrace:
>
> java.io.IOException: Stream closed
>      at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.ensureOpen(StreamEncoder.java:38)

The two most likely options here are:

- you are closing the Connection, then trying to use an object created
from it such as a Statement; or
- you are ignoring a fatal SQLException thrown by an earlier operation
that is causing the Connection to be automatically closed.

-O