Обсуждение: italian translation

italian translation

От
Giuseppe Sacco
Дата:
Hi all,
I just updated tha italian translation po file. The previous translator
already checked it and I think this may be added in the CVS tree.
Anyone with CVS write access would commit it, please?

I also noticed a small typo in this english sentence

#: org/postgresql/jdbc2/AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:1215
#, java-format
msgid "The JVM claism not to support the {0} encoding."

updated translations.

Moreover this sentence is repeated three times: this one have a
parameter while the other two uses a fixed encoding: ASCII and UTF-8.
Maybe all these could be combined in just one sentence. Just look for
«JVM» in order to find all of them.

Giuseppe

Вложения

Re: italian translation

От
Kris Jurka

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> I just updated tha italian translation po file.
>
> I also noticed a small typo in this english sentence
> #: org/postgresql/jdbc2/AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:1215
> #, java-format
> msgid "The JVM claism not to support the {0} encoding."

This is a result of you translating an old .po file.  This has already
been fixed, but the .po files are not updated unless a translator does
something.  You should always start from a merged .po file from here:
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/po/status.html

Also you must check your work by running

msgfmt -c -v -o /dev/null lang.po

Notably yours does not pass with numerous "a format specification for
argument {0} doesn't exist in 'msgstr'" errors.  These are all the result
of Java message format strings needing to double any apostrophes ('').
I've adjusted your translation and committed it, but because you
translated an old file, instead of complete translation we've got:

82 translated messages, 24 fuzzy translations, 26 untranslated messages.

Kris Jurka

Re: italian translation

От
"Giuseppe Sacco"
Дата:
[...]
> This is a result of you translating an old .po file.  This has already
> been fixed, but the .po files are not updated unless a translator does
> something.  You should always start from a merged .po file from here:
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/po/status.html
[...]

Thanks, I will update the translation in a few days. Should I then send it
to this list or is there a different preferred email address?

Bye,
Giuseppe

Re: italian translation

От
Kris Jurka

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> Thanks, I will update the translation in a few days. Should I then send it
> to this list or is there a different preferred email address?

This is the place for anything JDBC related.  The only caveat with
translations is that this list does have a size limit of 30k, so
compression is sometimes required.

Kris Jurka

New italian translation

От
Giuseppe Sacco
Дата:
Hi developers,
as suggested, I downloaded the current translation from the web site
instead of using what was available on CVS. This is an update that
translate all strings.
Would anyone please have a look at it and then commit it?

http://eppesuigoccas.homedns.org/~giuseppe/postgresql/postgresql80-dev-l10n-it.po.gz

Thanks,
Giuseppe

Вложения

Re: New italian translation

От
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> as suggested, I downloaded the current translation from the web site
> instead of using what was available on CVS. This is an update that
> translate all strings.

You've attached head-it.po and sent a link mentioning something about 8.0,
but they are the same files.  I've applied your translation to both
branches because they are reasonably similar, but they really are
different and should be submitted independently.

Also there are some problems with the translations themselves.  In Java
MessageFormats there are special rules for handling single quotes:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/MessageFormat.html

The rules are kind of complicated, but the generally you just want to
double any single quotes that you'd use in normal writing.

Kris Jurka

Re: New italian translation

От
Giuseppe Sacco
Дата:
Il giorno dom, 12-06-2005 alle 01:04 -0500, Kris Jurka ha scritto:
[...]
> You've attached head-it.po and sent a link mentioning something about 8.0,
> but they are the same files.  I've applied your translation to both
> branches because they are reasonably similar, but they really are
> different and should be submitted independently.

I made a mistake. I started attaching the po file, and then I remembered
about the message size limit for this list, so I setup the url (but
forgot to remove the attachment).

The translation was made from the head branch available in this page:
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/po/status.html

Please find attached a diff that will update 80-it.po from 99% to 100%.

> Also there are some problems with the translations themselves.  In Java
> MessageFormats there are special rules for handling single quotes:

I tried to double all of them, but maybe some quotes was forgotten. How
may I test if the translation is correct?
I used msgfmt and the file was compiled without problems, but I
understand this is problably not the right way for java.

Giuseppe

Вложения

Re: New italian translation

От
Kris Jurka

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> Please find attached a diff that will update 80-it.po from 99% to 100%.

Applied.

> I tried to double all of them, but maybe some quotes was forgotten. How
> may I test if the translation is correct?
> I used msgfmt and the file was compiled without problems, but I
> understand this is problably not the right way for java.

msgfmt verifies that you have a valid file, not that it does what you
intended.  I think it's got to be a manual process.

Kris Jurka